Houston County @ Huntingdon Homecoming

KermitDeeFrog

Misinformation... The fan who got tossed was a parent whose son had just gotten grabbed by the back of the jersey and thrown to the ground by a Huntingdon O-lineman when he was in position to make a tackle and prevent the touchdown that was just scored by Huntingdon.  It was one of many illegal blocks made during the game.  The same player also suffered a dangerous head-to-head blow just a few plays earlier that should have been penalized.  Both blown calls were right in front of the official.  Not many dads would stand by and just let that go.  And perhaps they shouldn't.

OK....glad it was a fan instead of man of the cloth.

Proud of the way Houston County battled through adversity against a significantly stronger team.  Those boys deserve some respect.

OK...if you're satisfied, then it's a good game for you.

A little stat for you... 5 forced fumbles in this game were all somehow nullified either by odd officiating or failure to capitalize by the Irish.  Ball-security might be something to work on if Huntingdon wants to represent our region and go deep into the playoffs.

Sounds like an excuse (Odd officiating?). Sounds like it was Odd for both teams.

Appreciate the honesty and integrity of what Pride31 had to say.  I can vouch for #68 as well.  Good kid.  Not perfect.  But good kid.

No Disagreement. Kids gets emotional and so do men & women.

Super impressed with #44.  That kid is a tremendous talent and clearly a hard-worker.  Inspiring to watch him run!  Probably the best linebacker we've seen in years.  As a team, Huntingdon is superior to most high school teams because of the tenacity and prowess with which they block and tackle.  Kudos to the Mustangs for building a tradition of doing the fundamentals well.

He's a beast and should have played last year, but it is what it is.

I grew up in Houston County and have admired the quality of the Mustang program since I saw them trample Harpeth in a quarter final game back in '99.  I always said I wanted to see that kind of tradition established in HC.  Hopefully Houston County will continue to build & grow up into a healthy rival for Huntingdon.

Not anytime soon, unless you can recruit.

Looking forward to playing Wayne County next week.  Good luck to WC and Huntingdon both when you arrive at your week 10 showdown.  It is a privilege to be in a region with legit programs like these.

Don't look too forward to it, Wayne County is another well disciplined team and will probably take you to the wood shed---but not as bad as Huntingdon did.

What a bold function CoachT provides.

Another great win! But this may be the most undisciplined Huntingdon team I've ever seen. Stupid penalties and 5 fumbles we get you beat by half way decent competition. If we get that cleaned up its gonna be hard to stop us

I was just gonna say this about the fumbling, great post +1, I'm hoping it was homecoming festivities having their head not right in game why they fumbled because they've been good mostly till now.  They seemed ready to play other than that but that needs to be fixed none the less.

I was just gonna say this about the fumbling, great post +1, I'm hoping it was homecoming festivities having their head not right in game why they fumbled because they've been good mostly till now. They seemed ready to play other than that but that needs to be fixed none the less.

and we've committed dumb penalties all year. Especially running our mouths and late hits. Gotta clean that up and we should be set for a deep playoff run