Houston County @ Huntingdon Homecoming

KermitDeeFrog

How much better so y'all think we really are from last year? I know record wise we are and we look a lot better. But how much do you think that has to do with the opponents and how much do you think is actual improvement? I see last year's team being undefeated against the teams we've played so far

2015 Mustangs are 14 to 21 points better that last.   2015 jelling a lot better and a lot closer bunch.

Last year team had a hard time with Milan and Mckenzie    Having a veteran Line and Speed at several positions is the difference

#44 wasn't in the mix last year...he creates a whole new wrinkle on offense putting 2 kids in backfield who can run or throw...moving #51 to O tackle has been huge...#3 is having a huge year so far...#15 has made some big catches this year...knock on wood everyone is healthy...no superestart this year just a bunch of good athletes

I kind of wondered the same thing. What changed so dramatically to go from 6-5 to what seems to be a 9-1 season at worst? I see #44 Pearson is a absolute stud on Film for sure but yall also have 16 or so Seniors...idk how many yall had last yr but that number is 2nd in Region 6 (HC has 18). So that is probably helping alot also.

I kind of wondered the same thing. What changed so dramatically to go from 6-5 to what seems to be a 9-1 season at worst? I see #44 Pearson is a absolute stud on Film for sure but yall also have 16 or so Seniors...idk how many yall had last yr but that number is 2nd in Region 6 (HC has 18). So that is probably helping alot also.

We do have more seniors this year which the extra experience is helping.  Both lines are stronger than they were last year.

One very important thing is the center, Chase, is playing. He went down early last year. The line is tough. The backs are a year older and quicker, and they have taken care of the ball. It was frustrating last year when a drive would get going and a turnover would stop it. Also, the offense is a little more open. This year it seems Huntingdon can score quick, compared to last year, where it took a 12 play drive.

Edited by Waker

One very important thing is the center, Chase, is playing. He went down early last year. The line is tough. The backs are a year older and quicker, and they have taken care of the ball. It was frustrating last year when a drive would get going and a turnover would stop it. Also, the offense is a little more open. This year it seems Huntingdon can score quick, compared to last year, where it took a 12 play drive.

Not going to lie. Y'all's Oline looks filthy and large. I mean rly large plus having a D1 SR playing both ways will make it hard for any team to handle yall.

Also are u referring to #70, the Center whp goes 6'3 300?

Not going to lie. Y'all's Oline looks filthy and large. I mean rly large plus having a D1 SR playing both ways will make it hard for any team to handle yall.

Also are u referring to #70, the Center whp goes 6'3 300?

Yes. And quick for a big kid. I've seen him play basketball, and usually kids with that size don't run up and down the court.