Cleveland vs. Walker Valley

Cleveland loses 3 fumbles in 1st half (including opening drive on WV 2 yard line) to go down 27-0 at half. Cleveland put the ball on the ground at least 5-6 times. I don't know that any fumbles were related to OLine issues. Mostly QB & exchange issues.

Sounds like Cleveland called 'no mas' after the rain delay down 34-0 midway through 3rd quarter. If they hadn't, WV would have won by 50+ & had over 500 yards of offense.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleveland loses 3 fumbles in 1st half (including opening drive on WV 2 yard line) to go down 27-0 at half. Cleveland put the ball on the ground at least 5-6 times. I don't know that any fumbles were related to OLine issues. Mostly QB & exchange issues.

Sounds like Cleveland called 'no mas' after the rain delay down 34-0 midway through 3rd quarter. If they hadn't, WV would have won by 50+ & had over 500 yards of offense.

They had 3 passes dropped at least also . Walker is better than what people might think especially on offense. Remember they replaced an entire oline and 4 linebackers themselves. Cleveland fumbled 3 of the first 5 times the ball was snapped . Fumbled a kickoff reversing field. Fumbled it going for it on 4th down try . Walker fumbled it once had one taken away from the runner.

The game was played on Thursday because both county and city schools are off next week and they thought it would bring out more fans to play Thursday. A lot of folks are heading out for fall break and leaving on Friday. No one knew at the time that Hurricane Joaquin would deluge the field. That hurt the gate more than playing on Thursday. I watched it live on TV last night although coverage didn't begin until 8:30 and the game was basically over by then.

I think the Raiders took the night off emotionally and it showed.

By the way, the Bears stream all their home games on the internet.

They had 3 passes dropped at least also . Walker is better than what people might think especially on offense. Remember they replaced an entire oline and 4 linebackers themselves. Cleveland fumbled 3 of the first 5 times the ball was snapped . Fumbled a kickoff reversing field. Fumbled it going for it on 4th down try . Walker fumbled it once had one taken away from the runner.

This is the Walker Valley team I expected this season. Coach Ryan did quite the job on the bye week revamping and getting it headed in the right direction.

Cleveland has a lot to fix. I thought they were headed in the right direction, but that was really bad last night.

Edited by alt1958

foose, you think that maybe this young team just hit the wall last night. You know how young players that have been pushed really hard and are struggling to get a new system down sometimes just have that one night where there's nothing in the tank? Just a thought.

I'd say your probably and unfortunately with rhea, and ooltewah and white county. White county is their only possible win. No playoffs for Cleveland this year but we will get better.

foose, you think that maybe this young team just hit the wall last night. You know how young players that have been pushed really hard and are struggling to get a new system down sometimes just have that one night where there's nothing in the tank? Just a thought.

a lack of focus. After almost scoring and then having WV come right back and score kind of deflated them. It was as if the game was over right then and there, heads dropping and everything. They have to learn to keep fighting. Things won't always go the way you expect. I thought we had turned a corner, but give WV credit. WV looks like they could finish 3rd in the district. Alex king is a really good back.

a lack of focus. After almost scoring and then having WV come right back and score kind of deflated them. It was as if the game was over right then and there, heads dropping and everything. They have to learn to keep fighting. Things won't always go the way you expect. I thought we had turned a corner, but give WV credit. WV looks like they could finish 3rd in the district. Alex king is a really good back.

BLUERAIDER I REMEMBER WHEN MY DEFENSE WAS YOUNGUNS AND NO ONE BELEEVED WHAT PA WAS SAYIN. THESE GUYS BEEN TOGETHER SINCE MIDDLE SCHOOL AND NOW THEY HAVE GROWN TO BE WHAT I THOUGHT THEY WOULD BE. RAW!!! THE SAME WILL HAPPEN FOR THE BLUERAIDER PUPS. IT WILL TAKE TIME.#LOP #BIGBOYFOOTBALL!

Even finish above Soddy?

Even finish above Soddy?

they look much better than Soddy to me. It's possible Soddy loses to both McMinn and Soddy. They seemed to have turned a corner defensively,and offensively with players like Alex king, cooper Melton and the sophomore QB they will be able to score. I could be wrong though. I think they are finally the team most thought they would be with all that returning talent. Edited by clevelandblueraiderfan