Spring Hill at Giles County

purple75gold

0-6... :mellow:   that's a hard one to swallow.  That's almost the total loss count for the Class of 2013.  These Seniors played with that group as freshmen then went to the State Championship as sophomores. 

So at this point everybody can point fingers and lay blame all anyone wants, or as individual players each can dedicate themselves to preparing, keeping team unity and come Friday night,  own your responsibility on the field.  That comes easy when your 6-0, it comes hard when your 0-6.  But 20 years from now when your telling your sons about playing with the 2012 team and the 2013 teams you can also tell them about the 2015 team and how the season didn't go as each had wished you can tell them when you lined up and the ball was snapped "I owned the player across from me" .

Good luck in the next 4 Cats

I just want to say that finally Walt Smith is gone. I'm glad the boys didn't hear what he said over the radio last Friday night. Our boys I hope go out Friday night and kick butt. Hope they have a better and positive attitude and take care of business. Let's win this Bobcats.

I just saw the news as well. I wish him the best in his future plans. Although the last couple of years have been rough, we did have some very good and memorable games. Although the results weren't desirable, I'm thankful for the time spent and effort he gave the program in his time at GCHS. It obviously just wasn't meant to be, but hey....that's life.

Hopefully the boys can adjust their focus and finish out this season with some momentum. As always, I'll be there for every snap cheering them on! Still some great things for this senior class to accomplish. We just have to go out and take it. Go Bobcats!

This is something that should have taken place a year ago, it is sad it had to go this far before someone finally decided to do what is right. This doesnt fix the problem, but it is a beginning. It will take time to get the program in the right direction again. I dont feel there is anyone on this current staff that could truthfully get the program where it needs to be again, however we need to support these young men who have busted their butts over the years and give the remaining staff our full support. Its all going to be alright. Go Bobcats!!

I really hope y'all are not living in the dream world thinking you are going to get osteen. There is a reason he didn't stay the first time. You guys blame Walt for the drop in the program but O'Connor and osteen would still be there if they had not seen the talent drying up. I just feel for the next guy that comes in with the expectation you guys have state championship or see you later

I just want to say that finally Walt Smith is gone. I'm glad the boys didn't hear what he said over the radio last Friday night. Our boys I hope go out Friday night and kick butt. Hope they have a better and positive attitude and take care of business. Let's win this Bobcats.

What did he say on the radio?

These boys deserve so much better. The Upper classmen deserve better leadership from coaching staff and the lower classmen

deserve a football program they can look forward to joining! Glad for our boys this has happened. Best of luck to Coach Blair and staff, and to the players! Maybe the community will rally behind this team again. My family and I stand behind the bobcats, Always!! Go Cats!

I really hope y'all are not living in the dream world thinking you are going to get osteen. There is a reason he didn't stay the first time. You guys blame Walt for the drop in the program but O'Connor and osteen would still be there if they had not seen the talent drying up. I just feel for the next guy that comes in with the expectation you guys have state championship or see you later[/quote.

First, our boys was never shown respect. Even if your losing the coach doesn't give up on the players. Through thick or thin you show the players respect and they will in return. We have some great guys on this team and they deserve better. You must not heard Walt's interview after the game Friday night. If you think he is so good then how about you guys hire him back home. Bobcats keep fighting for that win.

Edited by 1610