Coffee Co @ Cookeville

ccraider99

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys have a huge game in 2 weeks and he will get to showcase his skills that will get him his deserved recognition.

Yes sir!

We've got a week off to get ready for Smyrna away, Oakland at home, & Riverdale away.

Tough schedule the rest of the way for sure!

But first... This off week.

Edited by THE SQUAD

Yes sir!

We've got a week off to get ready for Smyrna away, Oakland at home, & Riverdale away.

Tough schedule the rest of the way for sure!

But first... This off week.

I watched Smyrna tonight and they are tough. Good running back and some speed. Blackman got pressure on the QB and did a good job of getting to their running back quickly but he was hard to bring down. Good luck to the Cavs in 2 weeks you guys can beat Smyrna but will be a tough game.

I watched Smyrna tonight and they are tough. Good running back and some speed. Blackman got pressure on the QB and did a good job of getting to their running back quickly but he was hard to bring down. Good luck to the Cavs in 2 weeks you guys can beat Smyrna but will be a tough game.

Went to Smyrna instead of the U?

Anyway thanks yeah I think we CAN beat Smyrna, but we'll see. Will be tough for sure.

We'll enjoy this bye week and watch everybody else beat each other up, come back ready for the stretch run.

Went to Smyrna instead of the U?

Anyway thanks yeah I think we CAN beat Smyrna, but we'll see. Will be tough for sure.

We'll enjoy this bye week and watch everybody else beat each other up, come back ready for the stretch run.

Smyrna a tad bit better on defense but both teams very similar. Perkins doesn't put up the same numbers Johnson does but runs just as hard. A win pretty much would assure Cookeville of finishing no worse than 3rd

On another note, Lane Ward I don't know if you have ever listened to the WHUB broadcast of CHS Football. But it is the absolute worst play by play in the history of radio! I'm sure you may have heard this already, but I have to say it. Embarrassing! If anyone else listens to the games on 1400 WHUB give your opinion. Horrible!

Sure miss the days of Gene Davidson/Eldon Burgess! Help us Principal Ward!

I've been saying that for years.  Especially the PBP guy. Doesn't matter, basketball, football, those 2 are terrible.  

I've been saying that for years. Especially the PBP guy. Doesn't matter, basketball, football, those 2 are terrible.

Haha yeah I laugh because they're so bad it's almost funny. The PBP guy must be ready for basketball because he referenced "Coffee County's basketball", and "Cavs will try to get the ball up the court" more than once last night. They also said "Oakland's ball" on several occasions.

A couple of weeks ago the color guy kept referring to Vince Johnson when giving the post game stats.

They don't know our own players by name & number and repeatedly call out the wrong guy on tackles, carries etc... Just horrendous.

Edited by THE SQUAD

Haha yeah I laugh because they're so bad it's almost funny. The PBP guy must be ready for basketball because he referenced "Coffee County's basketball", and "Cavs will try to get the ball up the court" more than once last night. They also said "Oakland's ball" on several occasions.

A couple of weeks ago the color guy kept referring to Vince Johnson when giving the post game stats.

They don't know our own players by name & number and repeatedly call out the wrong guy on tackles, carries etc... Just horrendous.

I was just about to say I think every fanbase thinks their local station stinks..... But yeah thats pretty bad

I was just about to say I think every fanbase thinks their local station stinks..... But yeah thats pretty bad

I realize that everyone has complaints about their own radio guys to some extent. But you've gotta hear these guys to believe it. It's like a practical joke. Except no one's laughing.

Go out to your car at halftime when you come up in 3 weeks & give em a listen.

tough yr for CC and they are suppose to have one of the better teams in several yrs

Well I think they do have one of their better teams in years. But you can be a lot better and the record not show it in this region.

I thought the same thing about Cookeville before the season.

Edited by THE SQUAD