Lake County 243

Region 8-1A:

B.T. Washington 399

KIPP-Memphis 381

Middleton 350

G.W. Carver 255

Middle College 233

As you can see the West is FAR bigger in enrollment than the East. FWIW

Almost double the kids of the teams that will be real contenders in the East other than Oneida.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost double the kids of the teams that will be real contenders in the East other than Oneida.

Coalfield at 182 and being in the championship last yr just blows my mind. Its almost like the East should have there own league like a sub 1A or something. Maybe a East 1A and a West 1A or something. TSSAA should like it because then they would have an extra champ game to make more $$.

Coalfield at 182 and being in the championship last yr just blows my mind. Its almost like the East should have there own league like a sub 1A or something. Maybe a East 1A and a West 1A or something. TSSAA should like it because then they would have an extra champ game to make more $$.

In my opinion the cut off for 1A should be no more than 300.It would be alot more competetive across the state.In no way should these 190 to 250 kid school be asked to compete against teams that could win 2A and compete with most 3A teams.Thats just my opinion tho.

In my opinion the cut off for 1A should be no more than 300.It would be alot more competetive across the state.In no way should these 190 to 250 kid school be asked to compete against teams that could win 2A and compete with most 3A teams.Thats just my opinion tho.

I actually agree with this. Although the number might need adjusting a little here or there I think this is a very good idea. I believe 1A has 59 teams currently and I'd say about 35-40 have enrollment over 320 so if you split at 310-315 and under it would be nearly 30 in each classification.

Dont think it could work due to money because of the long road trips, well It COULD work but idk if they would let it. This all is especially true for teams in East TN. Yall seem to be really sprawled out and limited in #'s.