AP Top 10 1A Sept 28

Southtowner

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About time Huntingdon makes the top 5 should be higher but hey it is what it is.:)

Ambassadors list is better overall not talking just bout huntingdon but I agree with most others on his list too. He should work for AP

+1

Realistically everyone is chasing Union City. 1A is loaded in the west. The west has 5-6 teams better than any team in the east. The Bluecross Bowl will be another mercy rule win.

+1

Realistically everyone is chasing Union City. 1A is loaded in the west. The west has 5-6 teams better than any team in the east. The Bluecross Bowl will be another mercy rule win.

Agreed East usually better (coming from a west guy lol) Union City is still team to beat.  Anyone picking someone else #1 is ridiculous I heard a poll somewhere picked NC 1st a few weeks ago thats crazy nothing against NC.

The east will be hard pressed to ever catch back up with the west as long as the cutoff stays at 400. East schools are to small and to rural to compete position for position. Might have one once in a while but not consistantly. SP is really the only school who can match athletes more years than not.

Good post. You are right about the numbers. The west has many very large enrollment figures. The east figures are all very low. SP has around 230 kids and they are down right now. It was all we could do to compete with the west when we had really good talent.

I can think of only one team in the east with close to 400 enrollment and that is oneida. Harriman has well over 300 I think. Now you give greenback, sp, coalfield, midway those types of numbers then the west would have to look out.

Agree most of these teams are small and rural. Its a different world.

The east will be hard pressed to ever catch back up with the west as long as the cutoff stays at 400. East schools are to small and to rural to compete position for position. Might have one once in a while but not consistantly. SP is really the only school who can match athletes more years than not.

This pretty much sums it up.  Union City has managed to get just below that cut off 3 times in a row.  This time around they were 3 over and then magically they were 1 or 2 under.  The irony is T.C. got moved to the west and they have always been a large 1a school when they are in 1a. 

Edited by rlh

This pretty much sums it up. Union City has managed to get just below that cut off 3 times in a row. This time around they were 3 over and then magically they were 1 or 2 under. The irony is T.C. got moved to the west and they have always been a large 1a school when they are in 1a.

Don't know exact numbers but I'm thinking Wayne Co averages between 310-340 students grades 9-12

Hit yall wit some numbers here.

EAST teams..

Region 1-1A:

Unaka 290

Hancock Co. 286

Cloudland 193

Oakdale 188

Region 2-1A:

Onieda 393

Jellico 384

Harriman 347

Greenback 209

Coalfield 182

Region 3-1A:

Whitwell     371

Grace Baptist-Chatt.     288

South Pittsburg     245

Copper Basin     227

Region 4-1A:

Summertown     398

Columbia Academy     379.8

Mt. Pleasant     365

Richland     351

Fayetteville     318

Cornersville     293

Grace Christ.-Franklin     288

Huntland     214

Moore Co.    197

I only listed the main teams or the teams that are most likely to make the playoffs this season and if I missed your team I apologize in advance. I got these numbers a cpl weeks ago.

Here's the WEST..

Region 5-1A:

Middle TN Christian     385.2

Trousdale Co.     380

Jo Byrns     355

Nashville Christian     345.6

Monterey     339

Gordonsville     318

Region 6-1A:

Houston County     399

Perry County     363

Huntingdon     354