West vs South Doyle

oridgecat

I agree.  When the West Rebels see the Cherokees standing atop the hill, in the rain and fog, it will be too late.  No turning back.  The Rebels won't know what hit them.  South Doyle and Duncan have struggled to put a game together this year, but it all comes together tomorrow night.  West is just not the same.  Lets be honest, they lost all their good players.

S.D.    24

West    8

West better not be overlooking this game. South Doyle is very well coached and are looking to put together a perfect game. They have changed Def fronts up and looked like they were clicking against a good Carter team. Home field advantage, wet conditions, and the players marching down the hill ready to win. West had a bye week and it is hard to keep players focused during that time (Mark those weeks up as a lose in my book). It will be a close game 

West-16

SD-14

West better not be overlooking this game. South Doyle is very well coached and are looking to put together a perfect game. They have changed Def fronts up and looked like they were clicking against a good Carter team. Home field advantage, wet conditions, and the players marching down the hill ready to win. West had a bye week and it is hard to keep players focused during that time (Mark those weeks up as a lose in my book). It will be a close game 

West-16

SD-14

If West is looking ahead to the Ads, then so be it - it would be hard not to think about that match up.  But I am not sure SD has the horses to run in this one - or at least their record reflects it.  A heavily favored West went into a winless Heritage on a cold rainy night several years ago and squeaked out by the skin of their teeth - you never know.  Its why they make you play.  But I'll be surprised if the JV team does not finish this one up. 

Not much of a game to watch. Almost looked like the Rebels did not want to even be there. Give credit to SD D who shut the Rebels O down all night long. West defense could have won this one by themselves. West punter wins player of the game.

Hey SD - how about buying a mat for the visitors sideline - players stayed in a mud pit all night long. If you cant get one - remind us and we will bring our own next time.

Edited by MeritIII

A lot of teams will have an off night. Factors previously noted on this thread could have come into play. But the defense showed up.

Most average H.S. teams would have a problem if their top 2 running backs were lost for the year. West has a good football team.

​Maybe South Doyle will by next year after they get more experience and stronger -- as they are basically are playing sophomores and a freshman.

Not much of a game to watch. Almost looked like the Rebels did not want to even be there. Give credit to SD D who shut the Rebels O down all night long. West defense could have won this one by themselves. West punter wins player of the game.

Hey SD - how about buying a mat for the visitors sideline - players stayed in a mud pit all night long. If you cant get one - remind us and we will bring our own next time.

Thanks for the suggestion.