GREENBACK AT COALFIELD

ladykee

CF had one drive that was very impressive while it lasted. They appeared to improvise and stacked the offense so close together it appeared to be one big player. Hand off to back and just find an opening to sliver through or dive through. Defense was trying to find the one with the ball. Kind of a cat and mouse game. Defense was guessing and back pedaling for a while. Every play I was just waiting for a TE to release for a wide open pass. Surprised it didn't happen. I think that drive alone racked up half their rushing yards. Can't remember but I believe drive was stopped by a turnover.

Was a very sloppy game. Right now coalfield is playing with the effort that I was expecting to start the year. Ervin is fine and once we get McKinney back the offense should pick back up. Proud of the effort displayed last night just got to fix the turnovers.

I've heard Ervin is going to have to have surgery on his knee, is there any truth to this anybody out there? I hope not that could be a huge loss.

GB prays for good news for the current CF QB. If situations were reversed and it was GB dealing with this it would be a crushing blow to the squad. Injuries to 1A football teams are devastating due to depth.

Its sorta like Chess Ladykee. You lose a few pieces and its an up hill battle.The bad thing is these pieces are real. Hope that youngun is alright. These kids give a ton to play this game. I hate it when any of um lose the opportunity.