GCA hosts Wartburg

gcapride

We did show compassion early in the 2nd qtr when we put our JV in. I have no problem with them scoring. Glad they got it in the end zone. Problem I have (just my opinion) is that we've got a ton of Sophomores & Freshmen playing and WB started taking cheap shots with their 1st team. They scored, yahoo! Now get them off the field and let some of those young kids from WB play. You guys hammered Cloudland's coach a couple of weeks ago for keeping their studs in and teeing off on Concords young kids. They had 3 concussions, I believe. I didn't lose a wink of sleep over putting some of our startes back in and scoring easily on their 1st team that played all night. Bottom line is that you were not there, you're commenting on something you know nothing about, just to take a shot at us. Their coach isn't a coach. Go back and read when he got hired. Nobody up there likes him because he does stuff like this. The other team has you down and a running clock with their young kids in....score with your 1's then play your younger kids. Pretty simple.

The best way to handle crap like that is the way you did.

Don't fight back......run the score up.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We did show compassion early in the 2nd qtr when we put our JV in. I have no problem with them scoring. Glad they got it in the end zone. Problem I have (just my opinion) is that we've got a ton of Sophomores & Freshmen playing and WB started taking cheap shots with their 1st team. They scored, yahoo! Now get them off the field and let some of those young kids from WB play. You guys hammered Cloudland's coach a couple of weeks ago for keeping their studs in and teeing off on Concords young kids. They had 3 concussions, I believe. I didn't lose a wink of sleep over putting some of our startes back in and scoring easily on their 1st team that played all night. Bottom line is that you were not there, you're commenting on something you know nothing about, just to take a shot at us. Their coach isn't a coach. Go back and read when he got hired. Nobody up there likes him because he does stuff like this. The other team has you down and a running clock with their young kids in....score with your 1's then play your younger kids. Pretty simple.

Whatever soothes you're mind Pride. I never said a word about the Cloudland game,it was mostly Cloudland people but it was actually classless as heck.I call a spade a spade.Another thought ,who told you you had to play the freshman. You people just acted like they should have played theirs,I'd say if they had done that ,the score would have been 100 to 0.

And this was never brought up until I made my post. That was not the tune I replied to. Never heard anything about the big boys beating up on the little guys. Its real simple, if a team is beating up on you ,just put kids in who can defend themselves.Been there,done that.

Its real simple, if a team is beating up on you ,just put kids in who can defend themselves.Been there,done that.

That's what we did. Put in a lot of 1's to go against their 1's. JV vs JV, neither team might have scored another point. That's not the path their coach chose to go down. We needed tge running clock to get this thing over. He wanted to extend the game. It is what it is. Just don't call a spade a spade if you don't know the whole story. Simple request.

That's what we did. Put in a lot of 1's to go against their 1's. JV vs JV, neither team might have scored another point. That's not the path their coach chose to go down. We needed tge running clock to get this thing over. He wanted to extend the game. It is what it is. Just don't call a spade a spade if you don't know the whole story. Simple request.

Deal

You'll learn me, I don't mince words when it comes to certain things. You seem to hold you're own fairly well also. What was you're take on this.

Well, we were put in the same situation last night. Our starters were pulled late in the 3rd after our 4th TD of the qtr. OS never pulled theirs. They scored 2 TD's on our JV and Coach Webb put our starters back in with about 4:00 left in the 4th. Basically just killing the clock with dive plays. It should be noted that our JV scored our last TD against them. 64 yard run. An old saying goes..."fight fire with fire". Edited by TigerNation14