Wayne County @ Houston County

wildcat89

Kudos to #20, #1, and #40 on Wayne Co Defense.  Y'all whipped our tails tonight and kept us from maintaining any offensive rhythm outside the 1st quarter.

Rice is the real deal...even in the rain.

Kudos to Irish #25 Arturo Zarzana for being the first player all year to intercept Rice.  And Kudos to the Irish D-line for putting him on the ground a few times.  Wish it could have been more.

Proud of both teams.

Wayne Co is a class act....easy to cheer for them moving forward.

Any of you WC stat guys got a count on explosive plays for the season? (runs over 12 yards; passes over 18)

Seems like it's possible to restrict and even stifle your O for a series here and there.  But then, BOOM!!  It's over.  Y'all can score from anywhere on the field at any time.

I would venture to say that you have more TDs from outside the red zone than you do from within.  Any stats on that?

I meant it more as in they depend on one player

And you are judging this on 1 qtr. of play without him? The 1st qtr?

How many TD's did Preston Rice have himself?... And then how many did he have as a team player being part of the play that led to a touchdown by another player?

I think as a captain, a QB, and a leader of the team, yea, Preston Rice would make the team function and play better.

One could also say that with the long trip and weather conditions, it took the boys of WC a qtr to get into a rythym.

Make sure Rice behaves Huntingdon week....don't need any excuses when the Mustang Stampede rolls thru Waynesboro

Are we supposed to be scared of big bad Huntingdon? Here's a stat for you to chew on, WC 1-0 vs Huntingdon and going to improve on that in two weeks! Y'all just roll on into WC and we will just roll you on back out!

Any of you WC stat guys got a count on explosive plays for the season? (runs over 12 yards; passes over 18)

Seems like it's possible to restrict and even stifle your O for a series here and there. But then, BOOM!! It's over. Y'all can score from anywhere on the field at any time.

I would venture to say that you have more TDs from outside the red zone than you do from within. Any stats on that?

In all honesty bro... I would say 15 of 17 TD passes have been for well over that 18 yds. And on runs id say around 75-80% of our TD runs(25 total) have been over 12 yds.

And yeah that INT Rice threw his first in 70 passes this yr!!! Our WR never turned back for the ball!!? Idk what Dawson was doing there but nonthless congrats to Tarzan(a) lol on his pick, might be the only one Rice throws all yr honestly!