Brentwood Academy versus MBA

baylorbigdog1976

All good QBs - i would imagine they all would do well on any team. Oden is the best of the bunch and would have gaudy numbers if he ran the spread as opposed to SH run oriented offense.

I am happy with who we have - wouldn't want another kid behind center but that's just me. He has won some big time games for BA ( i.e. St Xavier last year ) and he is fun to watch . He will continue to improve

BGA, PC, McGavock, Watertown, and Spring Hill. Those are just a few. Thoughts?

All good QBs - i would imagine they all would do well on any team. Oden is the best of the bunch and would have gaudy numbers if he ran the spread as opposed to SH run oriented offense.

I am happy with who we have - wouldn't want another kid behind center but that's just me. He has won some big time games for BA ( i.e. St Xavier last year ) and he is fun to watch . He will continue to improve

I wish him and BA all the best:

Oden can really spin the ball!! Love his arm talent.

I might be late to the conversation but I went to the MBA BA game this weekend with my friend who son plays for MBA expecting a great game but it got away from the Big Red pretty fast. Jeremy Oatsvall is the REAL deal! I dont know what this conversation is other than this is one of the best high school athletes I have ever seen, period! I sat right in front of two guys from Vandy who were there and I quote "He is the best QB we have seen this year."

I dont know who this "Talent" that left BA is but I would like to see his stats and know were he is playing because if he is better than BA's QB I have got to go watch him ! Can you give me a name and a school?

I might be late to the conversation but I went to the MBA BA game this weekend with my friend who son plays for MBA expecting a great game but it got away from the Big Red pretty fast. Jeremy Oatsvall is the REAL deal! I dont know what this conversation is other than this is one of the best high school athletes I have ever seen, period! I sat right in front of two guys from Vandy who were there and I quote "He is the best QB we have seen this year."

I dont know who this "Talent" that left BA is but I would like to see his stats and know were he is playing because if he is better than BA's QB I have got to go watch him ! Can you give me a name and a school?

If you're going to quote me be correct. I said "arm talent". I listed five QBs locally that I believe would be dynamic in that same offense. Doesnt mean I dont think JO is very good by suggesting others are comparable. I'm not prone to hyperbole, especially when talking about HS kids.

If you want to start seeing "arm talent" go see Oden at SH. He is a good one to watch spin the ball and has the size and speed of a major college QB.

Thompson at SC left BA but like Oden, and the others I quickly listed, his team runs a different offense and he has very little talent to work with as opposed to JOs SEC line and great skill players. If you're only interested in "stats" they wont amaze you so maybe you should find those "Vandy guys" and ask who all they've seen? Then start from there.

Edited by Playerscoach

I was there and there hasn't been an individual performance like that from a BA player in this game since the two became regular opponents in '95.  Maybe greater talent on the field, especially that manifested itself in later years in college (Ramsey, Barnett, Sanders, etc.).  A lot credit does go to the BA WR's who made plays over and over--on underthrown passes, passes that were well-defended.

sidenote, but pretty amazing to watch the UGA-UT game Saturday and see Derek Barnett, Jashon Robertson, and Rico McGraw--all underclassmen--either starting or playing all game in an SEC contest like that.  That's the talent level that exists in D2-AA.  

• Upvote 1

Oatsvall has improved immensely since he took over at QB during the first game last year.  His accuracy is much better (seemingly each week).  And he has led BA's offense to average 47 points per game in DII-AA play: including against Baylor and MBA, 2 very good defenses.  He seems to be leading the BA team pretty well this year.  

Also, I haven't heard anyone mention his competitiveness.  He has been in big games before and does not seem to get rattled, regardless of the situation.  

As to the game, BA's defense has been very good this year.  Adams at NG is just a beast, consistently stuffing the middle.  And Mullen at LB has been outstanding.  

No wonder DII has died down so much . Let me see if I got this Straight .... forget which team .... a High School Jr. accounts for 425 yds of Offense , throwing 20 of 25 for 253 yds , and runs for 5 TD's ... against the #1 Ranked team in their Division , and their team's biggest Rival !?!?  And a Grown Adult Man ( Allegedly ) gets so upset with other posters praising this young man that he Hijacks the thread to keep telling everyone this young Man is not as good as they think ???!!!  

I salute this young Man for his Outstanding Game , and I wish him nothing but good from here on out and I will enjoy keeping up with his Football career in High School and beyond ... and I also would like to tell him to Block the negative voices out that always show up when anyone Strives and works to be Great at Anything . Congrats to BA , and I look forward to seeing if any other Teams in DII can rise up to the Lofty Standards that BA has set in this Amazing Performance that their QB and team has put out there !

Nice post, pepvol.

And again, back to the game.... Ty Chandler is a great RB. Very elusive and so fast - and only a junior! He seemed to fall forward for 3-4 extra yards on lots of plays. BA really did well to hold him in check most of the night. He got lots of yards, but only broke one play - an 80-yarder.

No wonder DII has died down so much . Let me see if I got this Straight .... forget which team .... a High School Jr. accounts for 425 yds of Offense , throwing 20 of 25 for 253 yds , and runs for 5 TD's ... against the #1 Ranked team in their Division , and their team's biggest Rival !?!? And a Grown Adult Man ( Allegedly ) gets so upset with other posters praising this young man that he Hijacks the thread to keep telling everyone this young Man is not as good as they think ???!!!

I salute this young Man for his Outstanding Game , and I wish him nothing but good from here on out and I will enjoy keeping up with his Football career in High School and beyond ... and I also would like to tell him to Block the negative voices out that always show up when anyone Strives and works to be Great at Anything . Congrats to BA , and I look forward to seeing if any other Teams in DII can rise up to the Lofty Standards that BA has set in this Amazing Performance that their QB and team has put out there !

This is just stupid. Have you even read what I posted? I specifically said "arm talent". I even gave the kid credit but disagreed with the claims of his "super stardom". Theres no disagreement hes had some outstanding games but the annointment by some is where I had a different opinion.

I listed six players locally that Ive seen and believe to be good players that would do well in that offense.

Are you his dad? You seem incapable of removing emotion from this discussion? Sounds like something only an unreasonable parent would say? Multiple posters in this thread agreed with the sentiment that he's good but so are others.

People like you ruin these discussions. You get so upset that someone has a slightly different take that you post trash like this. Reasonable people can discuss topics and agree to disagree. Unfortunately, message boards are full of people like you. Nobody said he was bad. Nobody trashed his name and everyone said he is a good player. Its amazing you cannot see that?

This is just stupid. Have you even read what I posted? I specifically said "arm talent". I even gave the kid credit but disagreed with the claims of his "super stardom". Theres no disagreement hes had some outstanding games but the annointment by some is where I had a different opinion.

I listed six players locally that Ive seen and believe to be good players that would do well in that offense.

Are you his dad? You seem incapable of removing emotion from this discussion? Sounds like something only an unreasonable parent would say? Multiple posters in this thread agreed with the sentiment that he's good but so are others.

People like you ruin these discussions. You get so upset that someone has a slightly different take that you post trash like this. Reasonable people can discuss topics and agree to disagree. Unfortunately, message boards are full of people like you. Nobody said he was bad. Nobody trashed his name and everyone said he is a good player. Its amazing you cannot see that?

Whatever you say there Sport , it upset you that some people were applauding a High School Kid who is just a Junior , I fully  expected this Dramatic response from you and Unfortunately the DII section has had many like you and this is why there's hardly anybody here anymore . The kind of Game that Young Man had should of been praised by everyone , one post from you might of been alright , but you just kept on posting trying to diminish this young Kid's accomplishment ... congratulations for trying so hard to keep the Praise down , I guess you should be Proud . 

I watched the BA vs MBA game and it is evident at this point in time that BA is the class of Division II.  BA dominated every facet of the game.  They looked great on this night.

Remember this, Ensworth beat MBA last year during the season and MBA came back to beat them in the State Championship.  I am not saying that MBA will win in a rematch, only reminding everybody that it could happen.  MBA's coaching staff does a great job of making adjustments during the year and during the game.  It may not be enough against BA as they looked awesome.  I do not see anybody in Tennessee beating BA this year.

BA looked awesome.  Congrats to BA for a great win over MBA.

Whatever you say there Sport , it upset you that some people were applauding a High School Kid who is just a Junior , I fully expected this Dramatic response from you and Unfortunately the DII section has had many like you and this is why there's hardly anybody here anymore . The kind of Game that Young Man had should of been praised by everyone , one post from you might of been alright , but you just kept on posting trying to diminish this young Kid's accomplishment ... congratulations for trying so hard to keep the Praise down , I guess you should be Proud .

Its because it was a discussion kiddo. You should try it sometime. An opinion is posted, theres a discussion, then people move on. Too bad your juvenile attempt to make this into something it wasnt failed. Nobody in this thread has said the kid isnt worthy of high praise.

The only dramatics were your over the top comments and misquote of me. You should grow up and stop posting like a 12 year old angey girl as well as dont be so sensitive about your kid.

Im waiting for your next exaggeration so dont disapointment me or coachT. Youve now ruined this discussion so take a lap.

Edited by Playerscoach