Clarksville 2015

pilgrim

I don't have a dog in this fight, but something seemed odd from a picture of the family I saw in the local paper. There are five people in the family and they rented a 1 bedroom apartment near the school? That just seems odd to me. 

Regardless, the right thing needs to happen. If this is some BS through CMCSS, they need to pay dearly. If the CHS coaching staff is pulling something they need to pay dearly. The truth will come out. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again let me ask a few questions:

1.  Did the dad already have a house in Montgomery Co.?

2.  Did he keep said house in Montgomery Co.?

If you allow parents to keep a house they own and then rent an apartment to have kids go to certain schools that makes a kid inelgible in Athletics per TSSAA. 

Is one of the coaches at CHS a realator?  If the above was allowed to happen you could have someone say we will rent a 1 bedroom to this student and have them come play for a school.

having to leave a school to go to the school kids are zoned for is not new for CMCSS.  This has gone on for years.  If a student moves and the school finds out then that student is made to transfer schools unless they make an exception because they are a senior and have been at that school for the time they have been in high school.

You can try to make this out to be about CHS and everyone hates them because it happened to CHS but that is not the case it happens at all the schools.  Didn't the school system allow someone to leave Alternative School early to come back and play football for CHS?  Didn't they miss last spring, all of summer and most of this season? but yet the coaches also let them come back and play?  I would think if everyone was out to get CHS then CMCSS would not have allowed that.  What do you think?

As Pilgrim has said, you must read the articles in the paper and most of your questions are answered.

There are no realtors on staff at CHS. There are real estate investors as many people are but no one who owns or rent apartments to players mothers across the street from CHS. The Mother who was not maried when she moved here and rented the apartment took the 1 bedroom apartment with her kids because a 3 bedroom apartment was no available and was on the waitlist for said 3 bedroom apartment. Again this is in the paper.

One of the parents owned/owns a residence in another zone from when he was in the military at Ft. Campbell. When he was not married to the mother and three kids. The mother and three kids (who had never lived here before) moved from another state to see if it would work out with the dad and they since married after the season started. Again this was in the paper.

Interestingly there are other prominent players who play in our district who rented out their house in one zone and bought a house in another to play for another team, but they are ok per the tssaa. Does that answer one of your questions about eligibility?

No student was released early to come back to CHS. I believe the player you refer to served his full penalty at alternative school and then came back to CHS, otherwise the player in question would have been back at school in the 3rd game not the 9th game. And yes he was there in the spring but not the summer, and yes that is a coaches call (like it or not) but what does that have to do with the eligibility question of the other player? Would you bring such things up to bash CHS?

Yes there are people that work at Central office who have a vested interest if CHS doesn't go to the playoffs (if Northeast beats Rossview). Does that make them CHS haters? No in my opinion, but if you have to make such a huge decision why not recuse yourself and let someone else make that recommendation to Dr. Worthington. It is not sufficient enough to say it is his job. Take the doubt out of it and have another capable person investigate the situation.

Regardless of your feelings on the ruling of the school (which seems likely to be overturned by the court), the kids at CHS worked hard for a year to EARN the title of best team in the city this year and deserved to go to the playoffs. However we can hope that either Rossview or Northeast will represent Region 7 5A well in Memphis next week.

And then in 2 weeks if the court overturns the decision of CMCSS and the teams wins are reinstated and more importantly for the player in question, that he will be eligible at least somewhere if not CHS for his senior year. This starts all over again with a bunch of upset people.

"I would think if everyone was out to get CHS then CMCSS would not have allowed that. What do you think?"

I don't think everyone is out to get CHS, but I do think there are two key individuals at CMCSS who have given the perception that they are acting out of personal and not professional motivations.

As for the details that are involved here, I believe all the facts will come out and the truth will be revealed. Sadly enough it will be too late and the damaged will have already been done.

Edited by Pilgrim

I don't have a dog in this fight, but something seemed odd from a picture of the family I saw in the local paper. There are five people in the family and they rented a 1 bedroom apartment near the school? That just seems odd to me. 

Regardless, the right thing needs to happen. If this is some BS through CMCSS, they need to pay dearly. If the CHS coaching staff is pulling something they need to pay dearly. The truth will come out.

Good Luck tonight. Hope you all get the win.

Rumor has it, the player in question played middle school football for a different middle school than the one that sits right next door to CHS.  The mother stated her children had never lived in Clarksville.  Now if her statement is true and her son played at a middle school other than the one that sits next door to CHS, what kind of rules does CMCSS have for going to middle school and playing sports.  Put the Dad's name on whitepages.com and see what address come up.

Rumor has it, the player in question played middle school football for a different middle school than the one that sits right next door to CHS.  The mother stated her children had never lived in Clarksville.  Now if her statement is true and her son played at a middle school other than the one that sits next door to CHS, what kind of rules does CMCSS have for going to middle school and playing sports.  Put the Dad's name on whitepages.com and see what address come up.

Once again. The rumor is wrong. The player never played here or lived here before. Meaning he began playing in Montgomery County just this year. This means he never played in middle school in Montgomery County, at any school.

AS for putting names on white pages to look up addresses. This has been explained over and over, just read the thread.

Still wont to know how this situation came to be?  Nobody has said anything about how CMCSS found out or what school ratted them out.

oldguy 1027, you wont to make a small wager on weather the player in question has ever lived in Clarksville before this August? Better get the ok from the wife before you except.  Har, Har