Clarksville 2015

pilgrim

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pilgrim,

Did I read you're statement correctly?  Another Family member turned him in.  My goodness, what is this world coming too.

I just looked it up, there are 7 other schools in Clarksville and one of them is private.  Can this kid play for his new school or is he ineligible.

Here is what happens in Knoxville.  Dad or player gets mad at coach moves son to another school without moving.  They "rent" a house/apartment and pay a phone bill or some utility bill and the player is eligible.

Do a lot of players transfer schools without moving down there?

Still this sucks for the players!

Today Clarksville’s football team found out that they had to vacate their first 5 wins of the season due to an ineligible player on the team.

Facts:

- It was brought to the attention of the school’s administration earlier in the week that they had a student enrolled that did not live within the schools zone.

- The school investigated the matter and self-reported their findings to TSSAA.

- The students (Player and a sibling who did not play football) have been transferred to their appropriate school.

- The player in doubt did not participate in this weeks game.

- IAW TSSAA, regardless of the circumstances, all games in which an ineligible player participated will be forfeited.

Questions?

so sorry for all parties in this Pilgrim.  In my mind you still beat us.  One player wouldnt have made that much difference that night.  The Jackets respect your program mistake happen

Pilgrim,

Did I read you're statement correctly?  Another Family member turned him in.  My goodness, what is this world coming too.

I just looked it up, there are 7 other schools in Clarksville and one of them is private.  Can this kid play for his new school or is he ineligible.

Here is what happens in Knoxville.  Dad or player gets mad at coach moves son to another school without moving.  They "rent" a house/apartment and pay a phone bill or some utility bill and the player is eligible.

Do a lot of players transfer schools without moving down there?

Still this sucks for the players!

I don't know any of the family and I hate to speculate. I just wanted to make it clear that it wasn't another school that was involved. 

CMCSS is not going to accept any sort of blame in this situation. I hate it for the kids at CHS who've played their hearts out all year just to have it all taken away in the end. It doesn't seem like the "right" thing to do. I know Coach Shelby and his staff can't make a stance because in Clarksville it's operated like a military unit from top to bottom and if you ask questions your career can be put in serious jeopardy. I would place all of the blame on the school officials for allowing the young man to enroll in the high school knowing that it could have had devastating effects on the season of the athletic sport which he participated in during the season. Good job CMCSS!

in reply to Pilgrim's post that - The students (Player and a sibling who did not play football) have been transferred to their appropriate school.

This is NOT A FACT.  The player and the sibling have not been enrolled in another school because CHS is their appropriate school.  They have all of the documents required by CMCSS and they will be fighting this.  Their CHS address is their primary address and like numerous people in the United States they own a secondary home that CMCSS decided, without merit, to call their primary house. Please refrain from stating information as a fact when you are not involved in this matter at all.

And another family member did not turn them in.

This is NOT A FACT.  The player and the sibling have not been enrolled in another school because CHS is their appropriate school.  They have all of the documents required by CMCSS and they will be fighting this.  Their CHS address is their primary address and like numerous people in the United States they own a secondary home that CMCSS decided, without merit, to call their primary house. Please refrain from stating information as a fact when you are not involved in this matter at all.

Please forgive me if I put out bad information. What I stated is what the entire team was briefed when they where told about this situation. I hope you are correct in that this situation will be cleared up, that would be absolutely wonderful.

As far as being involved in this matter. Please don't think for a minute that this does not involve many in this community. Clarksville football is a long and rich program that goes back over a hundred years, and there are many people who are just as much a part of this program, than any current player or parent. 

Our alumni motto reads, "Once a Wildcat, Always a Wildcat". 

Edited by Pilgrim

checkyourfacts,

You sound like a lawyer and hopefully you can get this kid back on the field.  One question though.  If this young man lives in one school zone, CHS's zone, why would the FAMILY, chose to buy a house in another school.  Something sounds mighty fishy.  I think Foghorn Leghorn needs to investigate this.  SON, I SAID SON, NOW TELL ME EXACTLY WHERE DO YOU LIVE 7 NIGHTS A WEEK, 52 WEEKS, 365 DAYS OF THE YEAR?  Now to me, that would solve the problem.

Maybe wrong, but don't think you can live here for 1-2 days, over there for 3-4 days, and somewhere else for 1-2 days.  Just thinking out loud.

Last question, how exactly did all of this come out?  And I bet you know.  And inquiring minds would like to know.  This better than some of the crap that goes on in Knoxville, Central, Powell, Fulton, Maryville.

Look at the school that this situation benefited the most and you'll see that it's Rossview. They've had coaches all over the CMCSS district question how they've landed such prized transfers from Ft. Campbell over the last few years. Now this situation occurs and Rossview has gone from having no chance to make the playoffs to be almost assured of being in the playoffs. Seems a little bit odd to this observer.