Wayne County (7-0) vs McEwen (1-6)

WCHS_Wildcats_#2

McEwen runs the veer or something close to it...fb dive or QB keep with option to pitch...they weren't very good at it...we started pulling starters after the 1st quarter and the JV and freshman finished the 2nd half...stay healthy Wayne Co and keep the QB out of trouble...want everyone full go when we invade Waynesboro

I think McEwen's QB executes the veer well.  And they have a very tough runner in #22 (I think).  The bottom line is that their line is young, weak, and easily tired out for lack of depth and physical maturity.

But those boys are fighters.  They didn't quit against HC.  Heck, I've watched em a lot of years; and I've never seen em quit on anyone.  And they also kept their composure against us.  Lot's of respect for our rivals in red.  And I hope they can finish the season with health intact and maybe even another win along the way.

Best of luck to both teams.

I think McEwen's QB executes the veer well. And they have a very tough runner in #22 (I think). The bottom line is that their line is young, weak, and easily tired out for lack of depth and physical maturity.

But those boys are fighters. They didn't quit against HC. Heck, I've watched em a lot of years; and I've never seen em quit on anyone. And they also kept their composure against us. Lot's of respect for our rivals in red. And I hope they can finish the season with health intact and maybe even another win along the way.

Rice runs the veer to near perfection with a good mix of power and speed. Cole, Ray and Birchette are some of the hardest runners I have seen in a long time and all are well over 200 pounds as well as Rice. Then you got Mathis and Davis who are the speedsters, give them open ground and they won't be caught. You got Bevis, Horton and Mathis that have a great year going catching passes. It's almost a pick your poison type offense. Cover the receivers and give up big yards on the ground, load the box and give up big yards through the air. This offense is very explosive!

Rice runs the veer to near perfection with a good mix of power and speed. Cole, Ray and Birchette are some of the hardest runners I have seen in a long time and all are well over 200 pounds as well as Rice. Then you got Mathis and Davis who are the speedsters, give them open ground and they won't be caught. You got Bevis, Horton and Mathis that have a great year going catching passes. It's almost a pick your poison type offense. Cover the receivers and give up big yards on the ground, load the box and give up big yards through the air. This offense is very explosive!

Oh, I agree with you about WC offense 100%.  I wasn't making a case for McEwen having success vs. WC.  Just speaking up with my insight into McEwen since there is a void of voices on here from the Warrior community.

I think their QB is actually pretty decent and would be reasonably successful running veer behind (let's just say) Wayne County's offensive line.  Does it make better sense, now?

And I agree with you about the explosiveness of the WC offense.  Most explosive offense we've (Houston Co) seen this year by the numbers.  Y'all can score from anywhere at any time.

I think McEwen's QB executes the veer well. And they have a very tough runner in #22 (I think). The bottom line is that their line is young, weak, and easily tired out for lack of depth and physical maturity.

But those boys are fighters. They didn't quit against HC. Heck, I've watched em a lot of years; and I've never seen em quit on anyone. And they also kept their composure against us. Lot's of respect for our rivals in red. And I hope they can finish the season with health intact and maybe even another win along the way.

#7 is the QB and his film shows he is a pretty good player. #22 is their feature back and is a good lil runner. They only have 6 SR's and only 2 Freshmen so the bulk of their team is 10th n 11th grade kids. They should be a lil better next yr but they will have to find more than 2 Freshmen to join the team next yr or they will not evem be able to field one!

Rice runs the veer to near perfection with a good mix of power and speed. Cole, Ray and Birchette are some of the hardest runners I have seen in a long time and all are well over 200 pounds as well as Rice. Then you got Mathis and Davis who are the speedsters, give them open ground and they won't be caught. You got Bevis, Horton and Mathis that have a great year going catching passes. It's almost a pick your poison type offense. Cover the receivers and give up big yards on the ground, load the box and give up big yards through the air. This offense is very explosive!That's great...can you stop anyone?

Rice runs the veer to near perfection with a good mix of power and speed. Cole, Ray and Birchette are some of the hardest runners I have seen in a long time and all are well over 200 pounds as well as Rice. Then you got Mathis and Davis who are the speedsters, give them open ground and they won't be caught. You got Bevis, Horton and Mathis that have a great year going catching passes. It's almost a pick your poison type offense. Cover the receivers and give up big yards on the ground, load the box and give up big yards through the air. This offense is very explosive!That's great...can you stop anyone?

We've stopped everybody so far, don't see it changing much til late in the playoffs

I think we win the game, however, I think some guys sit this week to heal up if possible. Don't need to worry about how many we put up, just win! Also, I think we are lacking focus. The coaches can only do so much. These kids that are suppose to be leaders need to show it. We r having a great year with a lot of great talent but lack of leadership could hurt this team in big games. You can't turn leadership on and off. It needs to show up everyday!