The reg.5 of 5a mad dash to the finish is on!

nrgrizzlies

This 3 week home stretch is going to be crazy.  As predicted in Aug. - this will end up with Indy and whoever else.

Your four races horses for the final 3 spots are:

Stewarts Creek with overall record of 4-3 and region record of 2-2

Best win outside the region: John Overton

Remaining games:

@ Shelbyville

@Summit

Lincoln Co.

Lavergne with a record of 4-3 and region record of 2-2

Best win outside the region: none really, all cupcakes

Remaining games: 

@ Franklin Co.

@Lincoln Co.

Indy

Shelbyville with a record of 5-2 and region record of 2-2

Best win outside the region: N/A , mostly cupcake compeition

Remaining games:

Stew Creek

@ Columbia

@ Franklin Co.

**Seems to have most favorable remaining schedule

Lincoln Co. with a record of 6-1 and region record of 4-1

No power teams played outside the region

Remaining -

Summit

Lavergne

@Stew Creek

This looks like a photo finish between Stewie and Lavergne.

If it ends with a tie in the region, would LHS get in due to a head to head win?

With Shelbville's remaining schedule and LCHS's current record, they would have to be considered favorites to make it, no?

Who gets the last spot?

stewartscreek.jpg1441482350.jpgtn-tnlhs1-letter-150.png

tiebreaker between 2 teams goes to H2H winner.. Stewie needs to win 2 of 3.. I think Lavergne only wins 1 more region game

That all depends.  Indy and Lincoln County might just have the #1 and #2 seeds all locked up by that last Friday night.

Who rests their starters and plays some younger guys?  Indy will probably be playing to protect an unbeaten season.  Not so for LCHS.  I don't know anything about the LCHS coach.  Do you think he would play some younger guys in the second half to avoid an injury just before a home playoff game as a #2 seed?

#1 - Independence - No more losses

#2 - Lincoln County - No more losses

#3 - Shelbyville - No more losses

#4 - Stewart Creek - Loses to Shelbyville and Lincoln County, but beats Summit

Out - La Vergne - Loses all three remaining games.  Seems like they have a ton of speed and talent, but losing to Summit 22-14 does not help their case.  And, Franklin County seems to be playing better.

Just my two cents.

Well with the Schedules like they are Stewart's Creek and Lincoln Co. Could very well be playing in week 10 for 2nd in the region. The Red Hawks need to beat Shelbyville this week and Summitt next week to make that dream a reality which is possible. They must play better than they did against Indy when they had 6 turnovers and 17 penalties in a 27-0 loss but With back to back big deficiet losses Shelbyville has struggled as well. Should be an interesting end to the season.

Nrgrizzlies even with a win over Franklin Co. LaVergne has 2 losses like Stewart's Creek and still has to play Lincoln and Indy. Don't see them beating Indy which would give them 3 losses. As I see it Stewart's Creek has to win 2 of next 3 to be in as a 3-4 depending on how everyone else finishes. Because if you get a 3 way tie then head to head goes out the window. It becomes best overall record then head to head with two teams left I believe. So could be interesting bottom line for all teams left, the famous words of Al Davis Just win baby!!

Nrgrizzlies even with a win over Franklin Co. LaVergne has 2 losses like Stewart's Creek and still has to play Lincoln and Indy. Don't see them beating Indy which would give them 3 losses. As I see it Stewart's Creek has to win 2 of next 3 to be in as a 3-4 depending on how everyone else finishes. Because if you get a 3 way tie then head to head goes out the window. It becomes best overall record then head to head with two teams left I believe. So could be interesting bottom line for all teams left, the famous words of Al Davis Just win baby!!

Best overall record?  Is this where Stewie and LHS get penalized for continuing to schedule 6a Smyrna while the rest are scheduling 4a Tullahoma?  And Stewie played 6a quality team Overton.

I hope the TSSAA has something in tie-breakers about playing smaller division school counting in a negative way toward a tie-breaker.