Dobyns-Bennett vs Bearden

WaCoJaCo

Nomatter who is at fault,this year was the year.Can't go back and make the changes that should have been made or treat this player or that coach with the respect they deserved.This group should have been a state power...The losers in all this are the kids and there are people that really could care less or the right things would have been done.Maybe the next group or down the road when we are all dead might get that support, but this was the year that should have been competitive against the best for a state title.

I thought that if DB was ever going to Cookeville it would have been with that 2012 team.

So are you guys thinking that things drop off talent-wise next year?

BTW, if not for Maryville that 2012 team may have very well made it.    And yes I know someone will respond with "If not for Maryville the ____ (fill in year)  _________ (fill in team) would have made it..."

I thought that if DB was ever going to Cookeville it would have been with that 2012 team.

So are you guys thinking that things drop off talent-wise next year?

BTW, if not for Maryville that 2012 team may have very well made it.    And yes I know someone will respond with "If not for Maryville the ____ (fill in year)  _________ (fill in team) would have made it..."

Depends on a lot of factors in each class come playoff time.2007 was not the best DB team ever but a perfect time for that team .Bearden went to the semis and some say got a bad deal against that years champions and  could have  won it all .They were however very  lucky to escape J.Fred during the season.Come playoff time,DB won I  game.

I fixed that terrible mistake in my post. Now maybe you can get some sleep tonight. I bet you're a lot of fun at parties. :rolleyes:

Not really a party, but it is great fun to read some of these posts. Especially the ones with insults like "idiot" and "don't understand simple English" that are seemingly written by a whiny 10 year old.

We're waiting on someone else to start one. DB fans don't seem as interested as they used to be for some reason. Can't figure it out.

I hear ya.    So I guess we do it here, starting with common opponents:

DB       JC

Bradley Central  L 33-41  L 14-44

Hardin Valley    W 31-7   L 0-35

William Blount   L 28-37  W 26-17

JC won last year in a close one.

Based on common opponents it looks pretty even, although DB's losses were much closer.

Overall I give the edge to DB by let's say 10-15 points.

I hear ya.    So I guess we do it here, starting with common opponents:

DB       JC

Bradley Central  L 33-41  L 14-44

Hardin Valley    W 31-7   L 0-35

William Blount   L 28-37  W 26-17

JC won last year in a close one.

Based on common opponents it looks pretty even, although DB's losses were much closer.

Overall I give the edge to DB by let's say 10-15 points.

In this game ,all you want is a win and no injuries.This game has gotten dirty over the years .Just hope it's injury free

Forgot to add, DB leads this series 19-3 (1983-2015).      JC won the first 2 meetings and then went on a 22 year losing streak until last year.      As if any of that matters, this is a new year and 2 new teams.     Yes Batman, no injuries and a clean game.

Does JC have the same QB as last year. I know he picked DB's secondary apart last year. Will DB go with no running back again Friday night? Seems crazy.