LazIndex Top 10 Week 9 5A & 6A

LazIndexTN

Rhea county is 4-3 with no quality wins. Granted their losses are to pretty good teams, but they haven't beat anyone. Not sure how they could be that high. And didn't OR just get blown out?

Outside of a couple of teams I think East TN football is weak. Again, don't get me wrong, those few teams are really good, but overall I think it's weak.

Class 6A looks pretty good. It never gets old seeing my Maryville Rebels at #1!

But those 5A rankings are a joke. Farragut certainly doesn't belong in the Top-10 after their showing last week. Beech is a 2-loss team ahead of several very talented 1-loss teams. I also think Morristown West could be ranked a little higher. I have been very impressed with the Trojans this season.

Just what has knox west done to you? Your kid wasn't good enough to play there and he transferred? No one on here takes you seriously anymore.

Just what has knox west done to you? Your kid wasn't good enough to play there and he transferred? No one on here takes you seriously anymore.

I didn't even mention Knox West in the post you quoted. Knox West had absolutely nothing to do with that post. So I'm not sure what you are getting at. You should probably calm down though. No need to get upset over an internet message board.

Oak Ridge lost to Farragut, Farragut lost to West, West lost to Sevier County, Sevier County lost to Oak Ridge.  It would be interesting to see what order others feel that those 4 should be ranked and why.  Without taking their other games and final scores into account it would be pretty hard to rank I would assume.  The logic of using head to head to rank teams is flawed and there is always an example of a lower ranked team beating a higher ranked team, look at Alabama and Ole' Miss, who was ranked higher just one week after they played?  This is a retrodictive look at how each team has played thus far. 

I would take Knox West in the Top 10 right now because they are defending 5A State champs and have a record of 6-1 to date and 65-13 in the last 5 and half seasons now.  How are they not in the Top 10? Amazing the disrespect  and the lack of homework you guys do to rank teams and a  team having one year better than the last 5...Centennial? Teams that have proven over time they win and they are proving again this year they are still a state POWER...Knox West deserves a ranking...JMO though. Keep up the good work.

To add to my Argument...I know Knox West hasn't won the State titles...but bye classification your typical #1s.

Maryville-6A

Some Nashville Team.-5A

Fulton-4A

Alcoa-3A

idk-2A

idk-1A just don't keep up with lower classes very much

So the winningest 5A football program in the State in the last 5-6 years is Knox West with 5 Semi-final or better appearances and 2 Title appearances with 1 Championship...just last year let me remind you.

The next winningest 5A team in the state the last 5-6 years is Henry County, they are top 10 right now.

When does Knox West start to garner some respect and be noticed as a program that is and has won the last 10 years really and the last 6 have been the best in 5A football? When do they get the vote because they are that good? 

There is my argument...hope that helps.

Laz your work is appreciated.  It's fun to look at the different polls and see where teams in different parts of the state rank. 

It's funny how people get on the T and blast individuals polls.  Why don't some of you post your polls so we all can talk about even more polls. 

By the way, in the last five years counting this year, the most successful 5A team in Henry County.  And no I am not a Henry County fan.  Just look at the records.

Here are the numbers for you according to CoachT.

Knox West 2015 6-1

HC 7-1

KW 2014 14-1 State Champs

HC 10-3

KW 2013 13-2 State Runner Up

HC 15-0 State Champs

KW 2012 9-2

HC 8-3

KW 2011 11-3

HC 15-0 State Champs

KW 2010 11-3

HC 10-2

Knoxville West Five Year Total: 64-12 with one championship and one runner up.

Henry County Five Year Total: 65-9 with two state championships.

If you go one more year:

KW 4-6

HC 10-2

Knoxville West Six Year Total: 68-18

Henry County Six Year Total: 75-11

Any way you slice it Henry County is better the last five or last six years.  Just saying.

Laz your work is appreciated.  It's fun to look at the different polls and see where teams in different parts of the state rank. 

It's funny how people get on the T and blast individuals polls.  Why don't some of you post your polls so we all can talk about even more polls. 

By the way, in the last five years counting this year, the most successful 5A team in Henry County.  And no I am not a Henry County fan.  Just look at the records.

That's what makes this great and fun though, there is so much passion for football in this state and I am appreciative of it.  I just have to say that the rankings are reflective of this season's performance and are not a combination of previous year's successes, which I think you realize Workinprogress, but I want to make sure that everyone is clear on that.  West is currently 13th in my rankings, just outside the top 10, based off of their outcomes this season.  They are very good, but are not the same team. Correct me if I'm wrong but if memory serves they lost some very key pieces from their title run to Georgia Tech and Air Force as well as other seniors to college, right?

That's what makes this great and fun though, there is so much passion for football in this state and I am appreciative of it.  I just have to say that the rankings are reflective of this season's performance and are not a combination of previous year's successes, which I think you realize Workinprogress, but I want to make sure that everyone is clear on that.  West is currently 13th in my rankings, just outside the top 10, based off of their outcomes this season.  They are very good, but are not the same team. Correct me if I'm wrong but if memory serves they lost some very key pieces from their title run to Georgia Tech and Air Force as well as other seniors to college, right?

You are right the RB is at Tech, OLB Air Force, and the QB is RB at Woffard. Im sure there were more that went to D2 and D3 places

I saw West at cookeville last year and they were very impressive to say the least.  To me, they were one of the best coached teams and their players seemed focused and executed well.  However, this year is a new year and West is not the same team.  They are still good and should make a playoff run. 

Edited by workinprogress