Science Hill @ Bearden (Battle for #2)

BeardenBulldog65

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Science Hill looked extremely athletic and BIG!!. Bearden played them Man to Man for 4 quarters. Beardens QB is unreal, he was making unbelievable throws all night. Science Hill passed the eye test, I kept waiting for one of their stud athletes to take over but they never got free except for a couple times. Science Hill will be a tough matchup for the first two rounds of the playoffs for whoever they draw.

I have been following on Coach T for only a couple years now but I have yet to see a SH topic that does not somehow always turn its focus to DB and it is usually not the SH faithful that bring the subject of DB up.   So as SH has 100% of its focus on a very good Bearden team which stands in the way of locking down the #2 seed in the region I promise you not one single player has mentioned or is thinking about DB this week.   

Sure the kids want to win every game on their schedule but this group of seniors has a chip on their shoulders and are focused on each game and each opponent as if they are ranked #1 in the state and SH is the clear underdog.   This team has been overlooked and underestimated since hearing from many that last year's team was the best in SH history and their senior year would be a bust because they would no longer be facing the "cupcakes of upper east TN".  Many predicted at best a 500 record for this group and a down year for SH.

Bearden is a team on a roll and very capable of beating anyone in the conference except one (which every other team has proven so far) and the SH players have framed this game as the most important on the schedule and by the way it is "the game".   Win this and then they can focus on game with DB that has zero playoff implications and will be simply a game for local bragging rights.  However the kids at SH want much more than a victory over DB.  Their stated goal is to go deep enough in the playoffs to have another shot at Maryville before they hang up their high school helmets forever.   Bearden stands in the way of that goal and DB does not so to say they are thinking about DB is only an attempt to make the DB game important which at this stage of the season it is not. 

Just thought I would point out that in your post complaining about people mentioning DB on a Science Hill thread........you mentioned DB 8 times. That's 8 times in one post. :rolleyes:

Good game Bearden Bulldogs. You played football they way it is suppose to be played. We had our opportunities to capitalize and didn't get it done. Perhaps we will see you again in the playoffs...who knows.

Go Toppers!

You guys have a special team.  We were fortunate to pull that one out especially with the way your defense forced turnovers.  There was no doubt that Coach Shinlever felt the momentum shifting heavily in Science Hill's favor which is why he chose to go for two.  You guys have a great combination of size and speed all over the field.  Would love to hear your comparison between us and Jefferson County.  They scare me to death.