Scotts Hill at TCA(Round 1)

Intense

Anyone who knows me knows I love to crunch the numbers.  After 8 weeks of football the numbers do tell an accurate story about a team.   Let's be honest.  When you talk Scotts Hill and TCA, you talk about the quarterbacks, Junior Kimmel and Andrew Goldsmith.  Both are certainly the undisputed leaders of their respective teams.  For the most part, Scotts Hill gets the job done through the air while TCA is going to ram the ball down your throat with the run.  

Scotts Hill has accumulated 3074 yards of offense so far this season.  Besides throwing for 2050 yards, Kimmel is the leading rusher for Scotts Hill with 549 yards.  Kimmel has accounted for 2599 of SH's 3074 yards.  He is personally responsible for 84.5% of their offense.  

TCA has 2793 yards of total offense so far this season.  Andrew Goldsmith has accounted for 1575 rushing yards and he has thrown for 146 yards as well. Goldsmith has accounted for 1747 of TCA's 2793 yards.  Goldsmith is personally responsible for 62.5% of the TCA offense.

It is interesting to look at the numbers for each teams supporting cast.  The best comparison is in the rushing category.  After Kimmel, the top three rushers for SH have accumulated 388 yards.  Those three account for 12.3% of the total offense.    After Goldsmith, the top three rushers for TCA have rushed for 604 yards.  Those three have accounted for 21.6% of the TCA total offense.  

To me, the X factor in this game will be the play of the TCA defensive line against the SH big boys.  It is my honest opinion that Tucker, Moore, Yarbrough, and Pagoaga  will present Kimmel with his stiffest challenge so far this season.  TCA will have the most athletic defensive line that SH has faced all season.  If his line can protect him, Kimmel could make life tough for TCA.  If not, Kimmel will be hounded all night long.   

I think that this will be a high intensity game that is most likely a preview of the playoffs in round one.  SH is coming off of an emotional loss at the hands of Waverly that cost SH a region championship.  TCA is coming off a crushing victory over Gibson County in which the starters had a good chunk of the night off.  For those who may not know, Goldsmith is completely healthy and ready to run on Friday.

I look for TCA to win on their home field in a bitter contest.  TCA wins by 9.  SOS, a better supporting cast, and a more athletic defensive line will be the difference for TCA.  JMO

All very good points, with one extra...Scotts Hill's tailback is finally healthy. Broke his leg in the off season, and maybe tried to come back too soon...sprained the other ankle twice pretty badly, but the point is that Kimmel wouldn't have had to shoulder so much of the load to gain yards on the ground had he have been healthy.

Waverly has a very good team, but at full strength I'd love to have another shot at them...#4 had to sit, #9's wheels weren't what they usually are, and we had six turnovers. We played a very sloppy game, which is uncharacteristic, and lost at their place by two scores.

This is probably the preview of the 1'st round playoff game...wonder if either or both will tip their hand to what the gameplan for the one that matters will be...I doubt it. A win would be nice, but at what cost? Just something to think about.

Still don't know about coming to the game...explanation later, but I'll see you guys soon one way or another...been looking forward for a while, and something always seems to prevent it...still hopeful!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely understand why folks would pick SH. We are 3-5 and they are 5-3 and they have a high flying offense. Very similar offense to TCA the last 3 years just not quite as skilled as TCA those 3 years. Don't get me wrong, they are very, very skilled. I've watched 3 games, including the Waverly game, and am very impressed with SH's short passing game. If our Safeties and LB's are not paying attention we will get throttled. I feel like our CB's will handle their outside receivers pretty well. It's up the middle and passes to the RB that concern me. TCA will score on their defense. I don't think they have seen a back like Goldsmith and the other skilled players we will bring to the table. I think the team that has 3 stops will win the game assuming turnovers are minimal. If one team has excessive turnovers they will lose. Both teams are too good to turn the ball over and still beat them. I think the major key to the game will be the pressure #4 and #28(formerly 58) bring against SH. If they don't then SH's QB will slice us up and make some big runs. #5 vs #9 will be a great matchup. Both are fast and play receiver as well as return punts and kicks. I think they both play DB as well.

I anticipate a very close game. Team who has ball last may be the winner. Good luck to the SH Lions and Trader! Safe travels to Jackson.

I'm not sure why this reposted.

Edited by TCAIntense

Exclusive radio coverage of this game will be provided by Hippie Radio 105.3fm in Jackson. Diamond Dave McCulley and Stan Gerard will have the call of the game beginning with The Countdown To Kickoff Pregame Show at 6:30pm central time.  The game can also be heard online at http://www.hippieradio1053.com .  As always, I hope you enjoy our broadcast.