Week 11: Northview (5-4) @ Elizabethton (8-1)

EHSTrack06

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks OandB !

Ok....I usually don't expect a lot of noise from the "Betsy Faithful". But tonight.......wow......I have never been so surprised by how LITTLE EMOTION was on the "home side". Northview had less people and they were twice as loud as we were. Heck, their cheerleaders were louder than ours. Seems to me that people only showed up tonight to stroke the ego of the band again. After the band had the "spot light" it looked liked the exodus. I was looking to see is Moses or Aaron had entered the stadium. Way to support this team! We head into the playoffs next week and these same people will be there acting as if this team means everything. Guess we'd be better off if we just played away and let the band have the stadium. Really sad....they leave if you're losing the game.....they leave if you're winning the game....I guess they take it to heart when we say....Go Betsy Go......

Edited by gr8tplay

Thanks OandB !

Ok....I usually don't expect a lot of noise from the "Betsy Faithful". But tonight.......wow......I have never been so surprised by how LITTLE EMOTION was on the "home side". Northview had less people and they were twice as loud as we were. Heck, their cheerleaders were louder than ours. Seems to me that people only showed up tonight to stroke the ego of the band again. After the band had the "spot light" it looked liked the exodus. I was looking to see is Moses or Aaron had entered the stadium. Way to support this team! We head into the playoffs next week and these same people will be there acting as if this team means everything. Guess we'd be better off if we just played away and let the band have the stadium. Really sad....they leave if you're losing the game.....they leave if you're winning the game....I guess they take it to heart when we say....Go Betsy Go......

Yes it is very sad that the football team doesn't get a full 4 quarters of support from all of the fans. You are also right about the away games because the fans are more supportive on the road than they are at home.

Ok so I have been reading this thread and have comment. First let me say that I have a ton of respect for Elizabethton and their football program.

I am a music teacher and am very familiar with the quality of band you guys have up there. Many state titles. I agree with what you are saying about the people leaving and not staying to support the football team. But how many of you guys are at the band competitions on Saturday to support the band?? To the kids in the band it is just as important to them. I was at the state contest last year and am going to say Betsy probably had 100 or so supporters in the stands cheering on the kids. I would bet there were more people than that cheering on the football team last night.

Again no disrespect intended. Just think that people should think of things from both sides.

Ok so I have been reading this thread and have comment. First let me say that I have a ton of respect for Elizabethton and their football program.

I am a music teacher and am very familiar with the quality of band you guys have up there. Many state titles. I agree with what you are saying about the people leaving and not staying to support the football team. But how many of you guys are at the band competitions on Saturday to support the band?? To the kids in the band it is just as important to them. I was at the state contest last year and am going to say Betsy probably had 100 or so supporters in the stands cheering on the kids. I would bet there were more people than that cheering on the football team last night.

Again no disrespect intended. Just think that people should think of things from both sides.

BPM - I understand what you're saying.  I'm not against the band.  They work very hard to achieve all that they have.  It's just that the band is given more attention than anything else.  The girls basketball team goes to state for three years in a row.  They win it all the second year and a small "cheap" looking (and rather small) banner that is hidden in the rafters of the gym.  The track team goes to state and places in the top three in that state and its not mentioned all!  All the money from the "FOOTBALL" concessions goes to the band and then they raise funds by fruit sales.  My point being, all work hard to make their chosen activity special and I think it's just as important to support the football team, track teams, basketball teams, etc with the same amount funding and with the same amount of respect equally.

The person who should get the most attention is the Vines girl that plays Tennis. She will bring back more State Titles than anyone in the history of the school.

I agree about the EHS football fans. They do not care or watch the game.  There will be plenty of empty seats Friday night and it is the playoffs.