LCHS-LHS-Shelbyville-Stewie tie-breakers

nrgrizzlies

Hypothetical here...  Stewie plays LCHS (NOT hypothetical) and somebody is going to win and somebody is not going to win.  Shelbyville will be a heavy favorite in their game.  LHS will be a solid underdog to Indy.

Is Lincoln County the closest to being eliminated at 3-3?  Lavergne holds a tie-breaker over them now, right?  Shelbyville will finish 4-3 but Stewie holds the tie-breaker over them, etc.etc.etc.

What about it, fans of 5 - 5a?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if the version of who may be in or out Kreager had in the DNJ sound right.

Maybe it is but just didn't sound like it made sense.  He says Stewie has to win Friday night regardless how the rest end up?  He says Lavergne is already in with seeding the only mystery left in their deal.  With losses to Shelbyville and Summit, I'm not so sure.

I thought with Shelbyville holding the tie-breaker of LaVergne head to head and all... but Kreager sometimes gets an attitude if you question him on twitter, so I didn't.  Maybe if he sees this thread he will review the math and see if this statements regarding this region 5 horse race is correct or not.  For a long time it looked like this Stewie-LCHS game would be winner-takes-all to be in or out.  But since LCHS lost to Summit, I'm not sure about that.  But it will be a heck of a senior night at Stewie, even if it is 35 degrees out.  

Get out and support your RedHawk senior class.  They certainly paid their dues!

I thought with Shelbyville holding the tie-breaker of LaVergne head to head and all... but Kreager sometimes gets an attitude if you question him on twitter, so I didn't. Maybe if he sees this thread he will review the math and see if this statements regarding this region 5 horse race is correct or not. For a long time it looked like this Stewie-LCHS game would be winner-takes-all to be in or out. But since LCHS lost to Summit, I'm not sure about that. But it will be a heck of a senior night at Stewie, even if it is 35 degrees out.

Get out and support your RedHawk senior class. They certainly paid their dues!

The tiebreaker rules are on the TSSAA website.. For multiple team tiebreakers it goes district record first.. After that it's overall record as the next tiebreaker if district records are the same..

If it's two teams tied then it goes H2H..

From everything I got it looks like this for the district. If LaVergne wins they are 2 if Stewart's Creek wins as well they are 3 and Shelbyville win makes them 4th. Lincoln out. If LaVergne and Lincoln win then LaVergne is 2, Lincoln 3 and Stewart's Creek 4 no matter if Shelbyville wins because Stewart's Creek holds head to head tie breaker so Shelbyville out. If Lavernge loses and Stewart's Creek wins then Stewart's Creek 2, if Shelbyville wins then Shelbyville 3 and LaVergne 4 because Shelbyville has tiebreaker and Lincoln Co. Is out. If LaVergne loses and Stewart's Creek loses and Shelbyville wins then Lincoln 2 and Shelbyville 3 ( best overall record with 7 wins each and Lincoln beat Shelbyville head to head. Then LaVergne is 4 because the have head to head over Stewart's Creek so the Creek out. Basically for Stewart's Creek they need a LaVergne win or Shelbyville loss to guarantee them a spot in playoffs without winning. If they win they are in.

Yes they do but if it ends in a 4 way tie. LaVergne 4-3 6-4 Stewart's Creek 4-3 6-4 Shelbyville 4-3 7-3 then Lincoln Co. 4-3 7-3. First tiebreaker is head to head, no team beat all the other teams so that is out. Next tie breaker is best overall record. This is where the tougher schedule hurts Stewart's Creek and LaVergne. Shelbyville with 7 wins and Lincoln 7 wins would be ahead of SC and LaVergne. The head to head would go to Lincoln there so Lincoln 2 Shelbyville 3. The two 6-4 teams left SC and LaVergne the Wolverines hold head to head over SC so they get 4th. Stewarts Creek must win to guarantee a spot or they need Franklin Co. To beat Shelbyville or LaVergne to beat Indy if they do not.