Hillsboro (6-3 5-1) at Beech (7-2 5-1)

HighLife

Assuming

Beech better hope to avoid Indy.

Totally agree.

Using Coach T's power rankings (very unscientific), it looks like if Beech beats Hillsboro, they would face Indy in round 2 if they made it that far. If they lose to Hillsboro, they wouldn't meet Hendersonville or Indy until round 3.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who ever TSSAA has working out the top four in region 5 will definitely earn their money Friday night. That region is an absolute mess and it looks like a decent team will be left out of the playoffs.

Indy appears to be the best team by far. I agree that Hillsboro has probably the best chance to beat them. But I also believe region 6 is better overall so Indy may not run through the region 6 competition as well - but we won't know for sure until next week.

I expect a full house at Beech Friday night it's the only game in the area that should be close.

Edited by JedCooper

I have Beech as a favorite, based on what I've seen after the Hendersonville game. They have been playing solid since the second half of the CR game and I believe hey are playing the best football in the region right now. Stadium should be packed and a great Friday night atmosphere.

Indy will draw Hillsboro or Cane Ridge. Either matchup will be tough for them. Region 6 should win 3/4 in the first round and possibly all four.

I have Beech as a favorite, based on what I've seen after the Hendersonville game. They have been playing solid since the second half of the CR game and I believe hey are playing the best football in the region right now. Stadium should be packed and a great Friday night atmosphere.

Indy will draw Hillsboro or Cane Ridge. Either matchup will be tough for them. Region 6 should win 3/4 in the first round and possibly all four.

I think region 5 will give all 4 teams in region 6 a run for their money especially if both Stewarts Creek and LaVergne are involved!

I assume Beech's second rd game (if they make it that far) would be Hendersonville or Indy, regardless of how they do against Hillsboro on Fri? Am I right on that? (also assuming Hendersonville and Indy win their first round games)

If Beech loses that would mean Hillsboro would win the region and beech would potentially meet them in the second round.

If beech wins they would be the 2 seed and be staring at an Indy game round 2

Hillsboro has athletes to give anyone fits, but really only have two quality wins, Pearl Cohn (who outplayed them IMO) and Hendersonville (who somehow laid an egg). They be had some close losses to good teams, but also had close wins against bad teams (see Station Camp and Gallatin). This is really a Jekyll and Hyde team that I'm really just not sure about. I will stick to my prediction, Beech 42-27.

Hillsboro has athletes to give anyone fits, but really only have two quality wins, Pearl Cohn (who outplayed them IMO) and Hendersonville (who somehow laid an egg). They be had some close losses to good teams, but also had close wins against bad teams (see Station Camp and Gallatin). This is really a Jekyll and Hyde team that I'm really just not sure about. I will stick to my prediction, Beech 42-27.

What quality wins does Beech have? Played Springfield/Wilson Central/Rossview out of conference.. Rossview looks like a bad loss.. WC isn't very good and they barely beat them..

The Burros out of conference was Pearl 41-28 win, Oakland 36-28 loss, and @ Riverdale 24-21 loss..

It looks like Beech has only one quality win.. A bad loss (Rossview) but has played better as of late. I don't see Beech scoring 42 points against the Hillsboro D.. It all depends on the Beech pass D and if they have fixed the kinks.. No one they have played outside of CR & Rossview throw the ball like the Burros will.. Could go either way

Good teams have bad games.. (outside of Maryville.) Both teams are well coached and will put on a good showing Friday night.. Too much on the line to think one team will blow out the other

Couldn't have said it better myself. Hillsboro could win or lose by 2 TD's and neither result would suprised me. All the credit goes to Cane Ridge for their season, but they had no business losing to them or Riverdale

What quality wins does Beech have? Played Springfield/Wilson Central/Rossview out of conference.. Rossview looks like a bad loss.. WC isn't very good and they barely beat them..

The Burros out of conference was Pearl 41-28 win, Oakland 36-28 loss, and @ Riverdale 24-21 loss..

It looks like Beech has only one quality win.. A bad loss (Rossview) but has played better as of late. I don't see Beech scoring 42 points against the Hillsboro D.. It all depends on the Beech pass D and if they have fixed the kinks.. No one they have played outside of CR & Rossview throw the ball like the Burros will.. Could go either way

Simply stating this is not last years Hillsboro team and I think they are just as likely to find a way to lose as they are to win. Would I be shocked if they win? No, but I watched the Pearl Cohn game (that they won) and that team doesn't beat Beech. The team that played Hendersonville looked like a different team. The team that played Sttion Camp and Gallatin gets blown out. It's nearly impossible to know which team shows up Friday. They have been inconsistent at best.

So let me say this again, I believe Hillsboro has the talent (and ability) to beat anyone on any given night. In making my prediction, I know fully I could be wrong. Hillsboro could just as easily win by two touchdowns, either way I don't think it's going to be close. I like the way Beech is playing right now and think they are more consistent. I always put a score to it and that's where I'm staying, barring any last minute information, lol.

BTW, the Pearl Cohn score is a bit misleading. Pearl Cohn had the ball late inside the 15 going in to tie/win but threw a pick 6. Much closer (and ugly) than the final score.

Edited by eers