Riverdale VS Cookeville Winner Gets A Home Playoff Game

warrior82dad

Congrats to Coach Maynord but wit hall due respect, he's not the coach Riverdale needs. Lets be real, if it wasn't for the new playoff system neither Riverdale or Cookeville might not have even made the playoffs. Riverdale needs a program builder who will work with the entire program and player development from the nine grade on up and even take a concern from the two feeder middle schools to know what he has coming up. We need a team player who will listen to his assistants and not be a dictator. A school this size should NEVER! have to play players both ways. This is soley due to the lack of player development, strength training and being able to recognize talent. We all want to hate Maryville but they have it right. Its a program, not a team that will make it deep in the playoffs once in awhile because of a couple of talented kids that the team rides their backs. It's easy for any team to pound their chest when they have a good year but a program that doesn't make. The decline in this Riverdale program goes a lot deeper than wins and losses. It goes to lack of respect of this coach from his own players and the school. What kind of coach wont even stand up with his team at a simple pep rally? What kind of coach takes no responsibility for what happens on the field and continually blames his players on the radio? I'll tell you, a coach that needs to go!

Edited by warrior82dad

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Coach Maynord but wit hall due respect, he's not the coach Riverdale needs. Lets be real, if it wasn't for the new playoff system neither Riverdale or Cookeville might not have even made the playoffs. Riverdale needs a program builder who will work with the entire program and player development from the nine grade on up and even take a concern from the two feeder middle schools to know what he has coming up. We need a team player who will listen to his assistants and not be a dictator. A school this size should NEVER! have to play players both ways. This is soley due to the lack of player development, strength training and being able to recognize talent. We all want to hate Maryville but they have it right. Its a program, not a team that will make it deep in the playoffs once in awhile because of a couple of talented kids that the team rides their backs. It's easy for any team to pound their chest when they have a good year but a program that doesn't make. The decline in this Riverdale program goes a lot deeper than wins and losses. It goes to lack of respect of this coach from his own players and the school. What kind of coach wont even stand up with his team at a simple pep rally? What kind of coach takes no responsibility for what happens on the field and continually blames his players on the radio? I'll tell you, a coach that needs to go!

Cookeville would have made the playoffs under any recent system. They would have been in under z plan. They finished 4th in a very tough region. They were in every game late into the 4th except for Blackman game...and they were in that one for a long time.

Nah...a coach that has won 200 games mostly with less talent than probably half the teams they played isn't what you need...lol.

Cookeville would have made the playoffs under any recent system. They would have been in under z plan. They finished 4th in a very tough region. They were in every game late into the 4th except for Blackman game...and they were in that one for a long time.

Nah...a coach that has won 200 games mostly with less talent than probably half the teams they played isn't what you need...lol.

Heres a dos of reality. Everyone knows your team wouldn't be where its at if it wasn't for 2 players this year.....2 players doesn't make a team and youll figure that out as you get deeper in the playoffs...every coach has a team now and then where he rides the talent of a couple of players. That's doesn't make a program...Youll figure that out over the next few years as you compete in this region..

Heres a dos of reality. Everyone knows your team wouldn't be where its at if it wasn't for 2 players this year.....2 players doesn't make a team and youll figure that out as you get deeper in the playoffs...every coach has a team now and then where he rides the talent of a couple of players. That's doesn't make a program...Youll figure that out over the next few years as you compete in this region..

Ah yes, the what if game. You have no way of knowing because Cookeville could just as likely have two capable backups waiting for their chance.

Riverdale may not want Maynord, but he is EXACTLY the kind of coach they need. One who has built his career off winning despite the opposition having more talent.

Ah yes, the what if game. You have no way of knowing because Cookeville could just as likely have two capable backups waiting for their chance.

Riverdale may not want Maynord, but he is EXACTLY the kind of coach they need. One who has built his career off winning despite the opposition having more talent.

They may like him being a Rankin protégé but a 22-11 record over the past 3 years isn't burning down the house...They need more than a field coach. They need a program builder..

Yep you're right, 2 players don't make a team.

So here's a "dos" of reality for you. We would've beaten you without Vic Johnson & Gabe Angel. Our "team" beat ya. We held ya to 41 yards rushing!

Yeah these guys had 5 tds between them on offense but that's who we give the ball to. They are super talented for sure, but

next year it'll be someone else. We've got some good guys coming. Just ask your Freshman team that the Cavs beat by 3 TD's back in September.

Jimmy Maynard has "rode the talent of a couple of players" all the way to 200 wins? And never built any programs along the way?

That's funny man.

Good luck with Coach A

Edited by THE SQUAD

They may like him being a Rankin protégé but a 22-11 record over the past 3 years isn't burning down the house...They need more than a field coach. They need a program builder..

I am wondering just who you think would be a good coach for Riverdale. I am sure you would expect a very successful proven head coach. 

Uh, you don't win 200 games just by being good on the field. Maynord would be "burning down the house" if he ever got to coach at a program where he had his pick of the litter like he would at a RuCo school.

He's had a successful career by being the best coach in the field more often than not (while not having the most talent) and having kids who believe in what he does and play hard for him. Aydellot made a career of the exact opposite

I am wondering just who you think would be a good coach for Riverdale. I am sure you would expect a very successful proven head coach. 

To find the right guy to bring this program back to prominence your going to have to pay up and reach out. A guy like Mike Young out of Wheeling WV is rumored to want to come to Tennessee because he has family hear. He would be an excellent choice...

Yes, pay up...If you think Quarles is getting paid the same as other coaches in Tennessee....You get what you pay for...

Maybe but a coach isn't gonna come here because a booster club waived a few dollars in his face. Plenty of great, young coaches in this state to choose from without taking a chance on a guy who is pushing 70 and just trying to collect a paycheck