Monterey at Jo Byrns

MOTO24

Thats what im saying lol we come out different every game!!! lol its a guessing game with new coach!!! Last year was the first time we ever won a playoff game!!! Made many appearances but never got past first round!!! All our starters play special teams also! I been keeping up with you guys threads alot and congrats on the big W this past weekend!!! Maybe someone will Dethrone UC!!!!

Thanks...not gonna tip your hand eh? lol

I'll watch yall on the hudl if we in fact play yall in playoffs.

We run a split back veer but have really starting going to the passing game more out of shotgun this season as we have a potential Mr. Football back in our QB #5 Preston Rice.

So last yr was yalls 1st ever playoff win? Wow that's kinda cool and odd at same time!

Thanks...not gonna tip your hand eh? lol

I'll watch yall on the hudl if we in fact play yall in playoffs.

We run a split back veer but have really starting going to the passing game more out of shotgun this season as we have a potential Mr. Football back in our QB #5 Preston Rice.

So last yr was yalls 1st ever playoff win? Wow that's kinda cool and odd at same time!

I graduated in 94 and back then the Brackets was alot different! We was usually 1 or 2 in our district which meant our first stop was always Gordonsville or TC and back then they was strong!!! I moved away from Monterey and didnt get back into watching them till my son got there last year!!! We run alot of formations out of trips and alot of 3 set backfield and you know whats coming if you can stop it!!! Mainly our go to guy is #7 and if he gets in your backfield you will see how fast he can get gone!! We have good recievers but young! One is 6'4 and one is 6'1 both are sophomore!!! Our qtr back is a strong runner also!!! I could tell you alot more but takes to long! lol

Wayne Co fan here. What in the world was tssaa thinking putting u guys in thus region. Yall will have to travel 3 hours to play. Crazy! We been fussing all year about our new region but when u look at y'all's, we need to say nothing. This is crazy.

Yes! I totally agree!!! I figured we would end up in South pitt/Whitwell/copper basin region but nnnooooo lets make them drive 3 hours lol! I speak for most of the fans from Monterey and we all dont know what they was thinking!!! That drive will wear our boys out friday and rest of the year before we even start!!!

Edited by TALMAD

I graduated in 94 and back then the Brackets was alot different! We was usually 1 or 2 in our district which meant our first stop was always Gordonsville or TC and back then they was strong!!! I moved away from Monterey and didnt get back into watching them till my son got there last year!!! We run alot of formations out of trips and alot of 3 set backfield and you know whats coming if you can stop it!!! Mainly our go to guy is #7 and if he gets in your backfield you will see how fast he can get gone!! We have good recievers but young! One is 6'4 and one is 6'1 both are sophomore!!! Our qtr back is a strong runner also!!! I could tell you alot more but takes to long! lol

Cool thanks for the info.

I got to thinking...the only way this game matters to JB is if NCS loses.  If NCS wins then it doesn't matter who wins this game, JB will still finish 2nd in the region by way of tiebreakers. 

None of this matters of course because we won't know the outcome until after the game.  Too bad we couldn't play one game on Thursday and the other on Friday.

I got to thinking...the only way this game matters to JB is if NCS loses.  If NCS wins then it doesn't matter who wins this game, JB will still finish 2nd in the region by way of tiebreakers. 

None of this matters of course because we won't know the outcome until after the game.  Too bad we couldn't play one game on Thursday and the other on Friday.

YA!!! I have thought of it several ways moto and you came up with exactly what i did! We would be 6-4 if we pull the upset and if NCS wins its does us no good!!! Only way it effects JB or Monterey is if NCS loses!!!

Edited by TALMAD

YA!!! I have thought of it several ways moto and you came up with exactly what i did! We would be 6-4 if we pull the upset and if NCS wins its does us no good!!! Only way it effects JB or Monterey is if NCS loses!!!

We'll see if we can take the pressure off this game then ;) .  I hear TC can be dangerous though if their O is clicking.

Yep, so chances are this game won't matter.  It will be a great warm up game for both teams.  To get a chance to play a playoff team right before the playoffs and it not matter is a great position to be in.  JB is 1-1 against playoff teams this year.

We'll see if we can take the pressure off this game then ;) .  I hear TC can be dangerous though if their O is clicking.

Oh no dont do that!!! We would love to see TC beat you guys and it throw a big wrench in the cogs lol!!! I mean either way after 1st and 2nd round it will sort itself out lol!!!

Yep, so chances are this game won't matter.  It will be a great warm up game for both teams.  To get a chance to play a playoff team right before the playoffs and it not matter is a great position to be in.  JB is 1-1 against playoff teams this year.

well moto you got us there lol!!! Upperman is 3a and they are going as district champs!!! The rest are our region!

Oh no dont do that!!! We would love to see TC beat you guys and it throw a big wrench in the cogs lol!!! I mean either way after 1st and 2nd round it will sort itself out lol!!!

Feel bad for you guys having to make such a long trip to JB.  Great atmosphere, fans, players at JB though.  You'll enjoy it once you get there - very classy program.

And don't eat ahead of time.  Food at the stadium is good stuff.  

Edited by NCSdad1962
  • Upvote 1