Monterey at Jo Byrns

MOTO24

I'd like to see it. Got to meet wildcat89 and his boys last year at NCS - that was cool. His boy that graduated last year was a special player. And I didn't get to see him play healthy (because of the auto accident) except in the jamboree. He made an awesome defensive play on that INT against us.

I mentioned my page above, go check it out.

And 89 had pretty dang good genes!! His son was a great player but so was som #1 who graduated in 2010 I believe. And whataya know he has a freshman starting at RT since game 1 for us this yr!! Man that dude 89 is my hero!

Edited by WCHS_Wildcats_#2

We haven't talked in a bit...

For what it's worth...I talked with a guy who knows Springfield athletics pretty well.  He told me we will be getting some athletes in the coming years with the school zone changes.  He said Darden's, Woodard's, & Chapman's to name a few.  He told me about a kid (last name Woodard) who is 11 and can't be tackled, averaging 60 yards a carry.  The only problem is MBA is all over him.  He gave me a quick run down of some of the athletes that Springfield has that are going to MBA, Ensworth, CPA, etc. and I was shocked.  It's amazing how much talent Springfield has.  I've seen JPII, Goodpasture, & Davidson Academy buses in Springfield.  He said Ensworth has a bus that picks up kids at the Applebee's every morning.

Anyway, we should be getting more talent to go along with the young guys we already have.  Hopefully it's enough to compete for championships in 2A.

You are correct ! If what you and I are hearing is true and I have no reason to believe otherwise, then the Devils fixn to be a power to reckon with real soon, bunches of talent and speed on the way !

Over here at HC, we don't have the luxury of new talent sliding over our way from any open enrollment scenarios.  If anything, we tend to lose some of our better players to Clarksville Academy from time to time.  I guess it's nice we don't have to worry too much about Ensworth, JPII, MBA, CPA coming to steal em away.  I think that's one thing I've always admired about JB...y'all built your program on hard work, discipline and great coaching--all within your own community.  Love that about Wayne Co as well.  Not sure how I feel about this new open enrollment development in Robertson Co.  HC is a tiny place with only one middle school and one high school.  Our coach and a team captain just made a recruiting visit down to our middle school and culled 34 verbal commitments among 8th graders to play football next season.  Hopefully, there is some talent in the bunch.  And hopefully they all stick.

Over here at HC, we don't have the luxury of new talent sliding over our way from any open enrollment scenarios. If anything, we tend to lose some of our better players to Clarksville Academy from time to time. I guess it's nice we don't have to worry too much about Ensworth, JPII, MBA, CPA coming to steal em away. I think that's one thing I've always admired about JB...y'all built your program on hard work, discipline and great coaching--all within your own community. Love that about Wayne Co as well. Not sure how I feel about this new open enrollment development in Robertson Co. HC is a tiny place with only one middle school and one high school. Our coach and a team captain just made a recruiting visit down to our middle school and culled 34 verbal commitments among 8th graders to play football next season. Hopefully, there is some talent in the bunch. And hopefully they all stick.

Wait your coaches went recruiting 8th graders? lol

Over here at HC, we don't have the luxury of new talent sliding over our way from any open enrollment scenarios.  If anything, we tend to lose some of our better players to Clarksville Academy from time to time.  I guess it's nice we don't have to worry too much about Ensworth, JPII, MBA, CPA coming to steal em away.  I think that's one thing I've always admired about JB...y'all built your program on hard work, discipline and great coaching--all within your own community.  Love that about Wayne Co as well.  Not sure how I feel about this new open enrollment development in Robertson Co.  HC is a tiny place with only one middle school and one high school.  Our coach and a team captain just made a recruiting visit down to our middle school and culled 34 verbal commitments among 8th graders to play football next season.  Hopefully, there is some talent in the bunch.  And hopefully they all stick.

Thanks disciple!  JB's success is due in large part to a lot of hard work.  Coach Adkins is now in his 22nd year as head coach of JB.  He has built a great program.  Several reasons come to mind for our success.  1. Coach Adkins, 2. JB's jr. pro program was re-established in the 90's (after being canceled for years), 3. JB has grown in size over the years so we have more kids to choose from.

I may have confused you on the zoning...we're not going to an open zone.  It's a long story but what has happened is the JB school zone was expanded a little.  Our zone will now reach the west side of Springfield.  With the new zone, we will be adding around 100 students which will send us to 2A.  I'm still not sure if we will be in 2A next year or the following year.

I'm only aware of JB losing kids to Davidson Academy & JPII.  I guess we'll now be losing kids to others as well.  As an example, the starting QB for Navy is from Springfield...played at Goodpasture.

Edited by MOTO24

Thanks disciple!  JB's success is due in large part to a lot of hard work.  Coach Adkins is now in his 22nd year as head coach of JB.  He has built a great program.  Several reasons come to mind for our success.  1. Coach Adkins, 2. JB's jr. pro program was re-established in the 90's (after being canceled for years), 3. JB has grown in size over the years so we have more kids to choose from.

I may have confused you on the zoning...we're not going to an open zone.  It's a long story but what has happened is the JB school zone was expanded a little.  Our zone will now reach the west side of Springfield.  With the new zone, we will be adding around 100 students which will send us to 2A.  I'm still not sure if we will be in 2A next year or the following year.

I'm only aware of JB losing kids to Davidson Academy & JPII.  I guess we'll now be losing kids to others as well.  As an example, the starting QB for Navy is from Springfield...played at Goodpasture.

Oh no I never even considered that the new zoning would change our classification.  Thank you Department of Justice.

Thanks for clearing that up, Moto.  Lot's to love and admire about the JB program even for an outsider.  HC loves to play JB, and Coach Clark has a deep respect/admiration for Coach Adkins.  JB is often held up by him as an example of what HC should strive to become.

I actually remember playing JB as a student back in the late 90's.  '99 may be one of the last times we actually played and defeated you guys.  We were so very weak prior to that year in the 90s, and y'all beat us several times.  Then the move to new districts took us out of competition for a while before reuniting us the last several years when y'all were so dominant.

Kudos for keeping it classy & always highly competitive!

LET THE COUNT DOWN BEGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LETS GET HUNGRY WILDCATS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally a Wildcat Faithful!!! I was getting lonely!!! Great guys on this thread WILDCAT4LIFE!!! They tell me the food is going to be killer at JB so go hungry like you stated lol!!! How many people you got lined up for our convoy???