top boy's teams

silversideup

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bearden and Farragut will be back. Franklin and Brentwood will be tough as usual. Houston should be back after having their worse team in school history last season. Clarksville, Gallitan, and Hendersonville will be fighting tooth and nail to get in those final two region championship spots. It should be a pretty good season now that two teams from each region advance to sectionals.

Guest copamundial

UPS said that two teams from each region advance? Duh! Wrong again. One team from each region - eight total. If two teams from each region advance, there would be 16 teams in Memphis. It's bad enough to have 8 teams advance to one site. Think about somebody from northeast TN going all the way to Memphis to play one game - on a Tuesday or Wednesday. Are they gonna stay and watch the championship? That's one of the things wrong with this site! People like UPS who don't know what they're talking about.

Toro,

Where do you get your information from? You seem to know what's going on with boy's soccer. Not to defend UPS but there has been a lot of confusion on how many teams are going to Spring Fling and it varies by Division so although this may not be (in your opinion) a good site for reliable information it is better than nothing.

I believe Toro is right. TSSAA evidently slipped one over on everybody when they decided the Spring Fling is to go to Memphis. TSSAA just changed the format so that the tournament at the sectional level is now played at Memphis instead of at one of the regional sites. No, there won't be two teams from one district advancing (no Brentwood and Franklin) or two teams from one region.

You're right. There was not any general discussion, when TSSAA was considering the possible sites for Spring Fling, about changing the format. That decision seemed to be made by - actually who knows who made the decision. Not sure how much input they got from school folks. Most schools are taking exams that week and now eight schools will have potential problems.

Also, finances: it's going to cost D-B or somebody from here a fortune to travel to Memphis. And then to pay the hotel bills for maybe three or four nights? Or Chattanooga?

Toro...you are the the real problem here you NO little kid! You know it is possible to correct someone without being a NO? I guess you'll learn that once you grow up. For everyone else who responded the right way...yeah there has been allot of confusion about it. It's been discussed on here before and it seemed that it was overwelmingly thought to be true. Oh well. It would be better though. It's really not a complicated thing to do. Basketball has been doing it forever. Toro will catch on one day but for now I guess he is a little too confused and blinded by his inmaturity that comes with being a high school kid sometimes. Thank god they are not all like that.

Thank God not all adults respond like you do, UPS...that kind of language is inappropriate for coachT boards

[Edited by QueenBee on 12-5-02 6:20A]

Guest copamundial

Excuse me, but you were the one who posted that two teams from each region advanced. I didn't. You didn't say, "I think." You stated it like it was a fact. I may be in school, but you have proven that maturity doesn't come automatically with age.

And to CXIAN, there was something on Coach T last summer when the decision was first made about Memphis. I really think I read it hear first. Then I checked with a couple of high school coaches.

My big concern was that the some athletes have to miss school during finals now. When 8 teams travel to Memphis, that means that some of us may have to travel on Tuesday or Wednesday - with the possiblity of a championship on Saturday. That's a long way if you live in Johnson City.

"Excuse me, but you were the one who posted that two teams from each region advanced. I didn't. You didn't say, "I think." You stated it like it was a fact. I may be in school, but you have proven that maturity doesn't come automatically with age."

Yes my thinking that the top two teams in each region advancing to sectionals was a mistake but assure you I'm one of many people that made that mistake. I made an honest mistake which can be corrected or pointed out maturly but apparently you are incapable of that. Just keep sitting back and barking out at people for the small things and always be NO off. Oh yeah...and your assumption that age has anything to do with maturity just proves your lack of it.

Read the last sentence of your post...and apply it to yourself...Watch your language

[Edited by QueenBee on 12-5-02 6:22A]

I think the main issue with the new format is that there is an added expense for several of the teams. The geographical issue has always existed since being moved from Nashville. West Tennessee teams have had to deal with going to Chattanooga which is no spring break - - now you will just have teams from East Tennessee experience the same "pleasure" trip. There is one more issue which is the number of potential games played on consecutive days. I really think if there is not a 24 hour break before the finals you will have sloppy play and higher injury rates too. Not sure what the plan is but my hope is that they play the quarterfinals on Wednesday, the semifinals on Thursday and the finals on Saturday to keep the integrity/quality of play intact.