Huntingdon host Trousdale County Round 1

34ME

Here's your West Final Four:

UC & Dresden

NC & Wayne County

Enjoy the rest of the season and keep fighting.

You can come back in later and say Mr. Reaper...You are a Genius and You are right...Sir.

Dresden had their starting quarter back and still got blown out by UC. Huntingdon was down to a 4th string quarter back playing 3Rd and 4th qtr, in the game vs WC and still had a chance for game-tie drive with 4 min left in the game, before a bogus roughing the punter call gave the ball back to them. Dresden is a one man show at the best and for the worse, still avg versus great teams. Dwell on that genius. I wonder how any team in all 7 classes, must less another 1A team, would respond with 1900 yards missing in the back field for region championship game. Go Mustangs. Edited by stangfan89

Seems like some good civilized conversation on the thread this week--MINUS the appearance of Reaper & Watkinsfan.  My apologies for the fella from HC....

Here's my take on the game....

Huntingdon's line IS the strength of their team.  Pearson & Johnson are irreplaceable; no one will bring what they did to this team.  But I believe that superiority in the trenches wins every time unless there is a superior QB and a brilliant coach on the other side.

Judging by the message boards alone, it sounds like there may be one of those two things going for TC + a whole lot of tradition + (maybe) a run-only defense scenario.

How good a coach does TC have?  If he can play the matchup's right by positioning his speed/strength optimally against Huntingdon's ground attack, I say TC has a chance because of Huntingdon turnovers.  If not, I believe that Huntingdon scores a lot of points and puts too much pressure on a Freshman QB--literally & figuratively.

I assume the best about TC's coaching situation, given their history and their blunt criticism toward NCS's coaching.  But I'd like to hear a bit about TC's coaches before I make a prediction on this one.  Can anyone speak to this?

We have a new coach this year and from what I've seen so far I think he is a good fit at trousdale. We started out a little slow this year but I credit that to a new offensive scheme, a coach that came in late may( not his fault) to take over a young team that he knew nothing about. It took a few games to figure out who his players are and how to use them along with having to learn the new offense. I like the offense that utilizes are biggest weapon (speed). So far I have been impressed with the coach. He has a solid supporting cast on the sidelines with him. These kids respect and play very hard for him which is all I need to know to give the thumbs up. Youth is the biggest factor for us this year and a 7-3 season with all the factors listed above is about all that could be asked this year. The players have bought in, that is the most important thing in high school football. He is pretty good strategist from what I've seen as well and will make the necessary changes during the game to better a situation. I think we got a good one here.

• Upvote 1

Let me add if it weren't for the injuries to Huntington, they would probably be favored by 2-3 touchdowns. The big lineman for Huntington will not determine the outcome this week imo. Hunting tons secondary is the key. Do they have enough speed to keep a 6 yard gain from turning into a 60 yard touchdown as most of our scores come off big plays. Once they get into secondary they are hard to catch

huntingdon fans

best players----awards----what a joke! this is a team, you'd know that if you had ever played. this is not about individual achievement. its about every player on this team. 2 players have won 9 games?? give everyone a break and lets support this TEAM for friday. who gives a crap about who is the best player? if you asked those 2 players who are out how they won 9 games, the first word out of their mouth would be WE. not I. lets support the guys we have on the field now can you, and give everyone a break about "best players".