Fayetteville's Tigers take on Grace Baptist-Chattanooga in 1st round.

Varo

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Varo knows next week will be a challenge for his team.

No doubt, but I will opine that we are or rather we will be your biggest challenge this year. We have some things to work on after tonight's game with Grace, but tonight's dismantling of a tenacious opponent showed how effective we could be.

No doubt, but I will opine that we are or rather we will be your biggest challenge this year. We have some things to work on after tonight's game with Grace, but tonight's dismantling of a tenacious opponent showed how effective we could be.

Grace Bap and tenacious in the same sentence, lol.

Fayetteville is a good team, but no way are you as good as Marion County or Boyd Buchanan. If you are then you will win the east and go to Cookeville with a good chance to win the state.

You are right. Grace is horrible. He thinks Fayetteville is as good as Marion and Boyd.

I was paying Grace a compliment saying they were tenacious, in that they didn't just roll over and quit.  You have obviously played them more often than we have, so last night's performance was all I have to base my opinion on.  I said that I thought we would be a challenge to South Pitt, and at this point of the season, your biggest challenge.  We have never played Marion or Boyd, so I can't and won't say we are on that level.  But I will say that SP should prepare for us like any other big team if they want to continue in the playoff rounds.  We have no history, we start slow, but we overcome and we have been successful this year.  Friday will decide who moves on and who doesn't.  If you think we are a mirror image of Mt. Pleasant, that's fine.  Game plan the same way and we will see which team wins. 

I was paying Grace a compliment saying they were tenacious, in that they didn't just roll over and quit. You have obviously played them more often than we have, so last night's performance was all I have to base my opinion on. I said that I thought we would be a challenge to South Pitt, and at this point of the season, your biggest challenge. We have never played Marion or Boyd, so I can't and won't say we are on that level. But I will say that SP should prepare for us like any other big team if they want to continue in the playoff rounds. We have no history, we start slow, but we overcome and we have been successful this year. Friday will decide who moves on and who doesn't. If you think we are a mirror image of Mt. Pleasant, that's fine. Game plan the same way and we will see which team wins.

I have nothing to do with game planning. Fayetteville is a pretty good 1A team with a lot of athletes. Congratulations on a good playoff win. SP will have a good scheme and be ready to play.