Blackman apologizes to Warren County for sign

Blaze45

Many of you have heard that there was a sign hung on the fence at the Blackman (8-2) vs. Warren (1-9) County game. The sign was made and hung up by the cheer squad and read "We saved the worst for last" that was changed to read " We saved the best for last" before the opening kickoff.

While the sign was not very nice and shouldn't have been put up, it is something all of us have to deal with. The administration has had to apologize to Warren County and the cheerleaders are going to have to write a personal note apologizing to the football players, cheer squad,dance team, trainers, janitors, concession workers and everyone else that might be offended by the sign.Warren county parent/ parents contacted WKRN to complain about the sign after the school already received the apology. I know the sign was not very sportsman like, however Warren county might want to rethink about some of the signs they hung during Dekalb games and other smaller teams that used to pummel , This is football and at some point we have to take the training wheels off and realize that our feelings might get hurt. The signs will be even more cruel  in college. 

Didn't realize you had posted on this topic. I just made another thread. This is total bs. I'm shocked media is adding to it by covering it. A lot of football games this week to discuss for this to be the headlines.

Biggest problem with society now is the since of entitlement we bestow on this generation. Raising a bunch of pansies to lead our country. God help us!

If one person is offended or upset by a sign or something that is said or done, then it our job as adults to rectify the situation.  The problem I have with the situation is the fact that Warren Co. parents called a news outlet instead of just getting in touch with administration or the cheer coaches at the game.  No need to make it bigger than it is.

Didn't realize you had posted on this topic. I just made another thread. This is total bs. I'm shocked media is adding to it by covering it. A lot of football games this week to discuss for this to be the headlines.

Biggest problem with society now is the since of entitlement we bestow on this generation. Raising a bunch of pansies to lead our country. God help us!

I guess the biggest shame is they are only halfway covering it. The sign was changed before the opening kickoff, They stated after a number of complaints the signed was fixed. The cheer team arrived about the same time I did and that was at 6:15 the couldn't have had the sign up more than15 minutes at best before changing it. I dont believe the players were offended nearly as much as the parent/ parents. Are we going to ask the players to now exchange only pleasantries when takcking or coming out of a pile?There is a lot worse things being said to each other on the field in the spirit of competition.