Final 1A and 2A Polls

TheAmbassador

Well spoken tp. One thing that helps us is we faced a Baldwyn, MS team that was loaded with athletes, a Trinity Christian team that has one of the best backs in the state,and Lauderdale County Alabama who had a big fast back 225lbs and could fly. We did ok in all 3 of those games. So we should be ready for them. Another thing that would help us is we would host that game. There is a lot of football to be played over next 3 weeks and right now we got a Lewis County team coming in that has gotten better each week this year. So thats where our focus needs to be.

I'm not sure about this prediction - the part about CA vs. WC.  And we'll never find out this year.  WC won't be in Cookeville.

Plus, talent being equal, CA will always get out-coached.

Read my post......... Again ..................

let me repost it for yeah......

8 teams seeded in the west and two in the east..... first 5 in the west..... Team to look out for, Columbia Academy.... I think they will be in Cookeville...... They can and will beat Wayne County, if it comes down to it. Not sure if anyone can hang with UC

I said they (CA) will be in Cookeville. They can and will beat WC, if it comes down to it. Not sure anyone can hang with UC

Read my post......... Again ..................

let me repost it for yeah......

8 teams seeded in the west and two in the east..... first 5 in the west..... Team to look out for, Columbia Academy.... I think they will be in Cookeville...... They can and will beat Wayne County, if it comes down to it. Not sure if anyone can hang with UC

I said they (CA) will be in Cookeville. They can and will beat WC, if it comes down to it. Not sure anyone can hang with UC

Sorry for my confusing post. 

CA may very well make it to Cookeville (I doubt it).

My objection was that there are 4-5 teams in the West (including WC) that would trounce CA (see CA's playoff exit last year).  My main point is......CA will always be out-coached in big games.

My objection was that there are 4-5 teams in the West (including WC) that would trounce CA (see CA's playoff exit last year).  My main point is......CA will always be out-coached in big games.

As most people know I'm not much of a CA fan at all.... But I will give them a bit of credit... I do believe they will be in Cookeville because they are in the east.... If in the west, no they would not be in Cookeville.

SP is 7 and 3 with two losses to good 2a teams and the third loss to SC that they could have easily won. They will make it to at least the third round and if they stay healthy maybe farther. Im a MC fan but im pretty hesitant to arbitrarily put them above Trez or other west teams. Boyd and MC are probably top 4 or 5 but anything can happen in the playoffs. Tyner also has a beast in number 1 and can beat anyboy if they eliminate costly penalties and turnovers on any given night.

My objection was that there are 4-5 teams in the West (including WC) that would trounce CA (see CA's playoff exit last year). My main point is......CA will always be out-coached in big games.

I can't believe I'm about to do this but.... CA beat us by the hair of their Chinny chin chins, 28-27. Then got us by 1 score this preseason. Trust me, they are a Very good team. Even in the West I would have them with a chance to make the 3rd maybe even 4th. They made the 3rd last yr before losing to NCS so I think they run through the East, IMO.

I can't believe I'm about to do this but.... CA beat us by the hair of their Chinny chin chins, 28-27. Then got us by 1 score this preseason. Trust me, they are a Very good team. Even in the West I would have them with a chance to make the 3rd maybe even 4th. They made the 3rd last yr before losing to NCS so I think they run through the East, IMO.

They may run the table to Cookeville, but you know that Coach Rice would have something for them that Landsdell (sp?) couldn't counter. JMHO but I don't think he's a very good in-game coach.

1. Union City = West

2. Wayne Co = West

3. NCS = West

4. Dresden = West

5. Huntingdon = West

6. Columbia Academy = East

7. Peabody = West

8. Greenback = East

9. Carver = West

10. Jo Byrns = West

8 teams seeded in the west and two in the east..... first 5 in the west..... Team to look out for, Columbia Academy.... I think they will be in Cookeville...... They can and will beat Wayne County, if it comes down to it. Not sure if anyone can hang with UC

Saying they WILL beat Wayne County is a very bold statement.

They may run the table to Cookeville, but you know that Coach Rice would have something for them that Landsdell (sp?) couldn't counter. JMHO but I don't think he's a very good in-game coach.

I agree completely with this. Playing WC in the playoffs is even tougher than the regular season. Rice and Crews really turn it up this time yr.