Coalfield at Harriman

RudyWasOffsides

This information came from a Harriman parent. Why would you prepare for a team (Unaka) that you beat like a drum the first time? It was a smart move preparing for the team you thought you would be playing in the second round. I know coach Tapp isn't the type that overlooks any team, but I believe he was doing what he thought was best for his team to make a big run in the playoffs. 

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this game is anything like this thread it will be a snooze fest. I'd say the reason Harriman isn't responding is because they're waiting for the Harriman and GB thread to start. No need in posting on a thread when your team is already preparing for the team next week.

Shoot no. We ain't postin cause we preparing to get taken to the woodshed this week. Tryin to find ways to make it easier on ourselves

This information came from a Harriman parent. Why would you prepare for a team (Unaka) that you beat like a drum the first time? It was a smart move preparing for the team you thought you would be playing in the second round. I know coach Tapp isn't the type that overlooks any team, but I believe he was doing what he thought was best for his team to make a big run in the playoffs.

I disagree. Coach Tapp doesn't overlook anybody. I know #3 from Unaka scared him to death. And to be quite frank with you there are very few people that watch practices so they wouldn't have a clue. On a good day there are 4 cars at practice and maybe 1 there the whole time. Support for this team has been mediocre at best. It's sad

I was told they have put a lot of effort into pass defense and pressure on the QB. Again, that is probably a smart move by the Harriman coaches. Also look for Greene to be used more as a decoy this week.

or maybe that was preparation for Unaka who came out with 4 receivers split out looking to throw the ball? I doubt that though. We wouldn't wanna make sure we win that game so we don't get an early exit in the playoffs. As for Greene being a decoy I look for Joe Pace to come out leading the troops in a 5 wide set. We will snap the ball and Garrett will stand out in the flats waving at Joe while Joe takes off the other way. Dang good decoy

I was told they have put a lot of effort into pass defense and pressure on the QB. Again, that is probably a smart move by the Harriman coaches. Also look for Greene to be used more as a decoy this week.

I would hate to think any coach is dumb enough to use someone like Greene as a decoy. Having a kid that talented, you let him carry 236 times per game and make them stop you. Decoy. Lol.

28qdg.jpg

Edited by RudyWasOffsides

I disagree. Coach Tapp doesn't overlook anybody. I know #3 from Unaka scared him to death. And to be quite frank with you there are very few people that watch practices so they wouldn't have a clue. On a good day there are 4 cars at practice and maybe 1 there the whole time. Support for this team has been mediocre at best. It's sad

This person has a son that plays on the team and he hears everything from him. A great family and a great kid. I agree that the support for the Harriman program has been lacking for nearly 20 years.

I would hate to think any coach is dumb enough to use someone like Greene as a decoy. Having a kid that talented, you let him carry 236 times per game and make them stop you. Decoy. Lol.

28qdg.jpg

Now that would be one long game Rudy in order to carry the rock that many times. I bet Greene would be tired.

Im sure they prepared for Unaka but it is naive to think that the coaches weren't already game planning for a rematch with coalfield as well.