Round 2. Huntingdon @ Nashville Christian

34ME

Good luck next year, prolly won't be able to make many games next year with circumstances coming up and that sucks for me. I've really enjoyed Huntingdon getting to play just as many games as Houston County did this year! God bless you

i really enjoyed watching hhs wax the field with hc.

Congratulations to Nashville Christian on your win this week.  Well deserved and I thought your fans had a lot of class and so did your team even the people working on parking welcomed my family to their facility.  It was a good trip even though it was a long one.  I was going to say u got a good shot against union city but they got upset last night.

Guys you know I'm not the biggest Coach Swenson supporter but I think he did a great job this season probably best job he has ever done.  Yes theres some stuff I've done different but coaching football is a hard job and he sees stuff we might not see sometimes.  If we'd had a healthy team we might wouldve won I think we wouldve but that is the sport of football injuries happen.  If anyone wants to complain about anything it should be one of the officials if you were on Huntingdons side during the game you know what I speak of.  We still wouldve lost though they were a better team at end of the day.

I'll say this the team didnt ever give up no matter what scoreboard says.  This team had a lot of heart.  Great job by the senior s this year not just this game but whole season for keeping all of these players heads straight and your leadership.  I still think the 2015 Mustangs were a great team this year and we got some talent but it'll be hard to replace the senior class this year.  Thanks to everyone that wore the blue and gold this year.

Good luck to NCS rest of playoffs and even though we out now we will be back and play hard next year.  GO MUSTANGS!!!!!!

Explain to me again how many hours a week your recruits "work" on and around campus to pay off the hefty NCS tuition? Please tell me so I can convince my parents we can "afford" NCS. I want to be a Eagle and play with the greatest team ever. Please tell me quick, this "young un" has homework to do.

I think I can answer this. My son is the starting running back. He does work his tail off in the weight room. He eats like a hoss at home and he stays up til 1 or 2 in the morning most nights staying up on the excessive homework he gets. I always laugh at the recruiting talk because my son was 135 soaking wet freshman year and didn't play much freshman year. Since that time he has learned the game from his coaches and from the senior leaders who would take time to talk to the younger players. Coach John Crosby is a monster in that weight room. We came here because we were zoned for Hillwood which had burned through 4 or 5 coaches the previous 7 years. I'm a football junkie. I knew what Coach Brothers had done at JPII and that he coached Golden and Wesley Tate and sent plenty of people to college. My son wanted to play high school and college ball and this I saw was the best opportunity get get him there. The coaching he has gotten here has been outstanding, the team is winning and combined with the quality education he's getting is the biggest recruiter we have. Parents in the area are hearing about the quality of the school and the football program and if you have a kid and want them to play good high school football NCS is in the discussion despite being in 1A. My neighbor across the street is starting at tackle as a sophomore and will be one of those kids y'all say was recruited, but really it's about what you want for your kid. They asked me what I thought of NCS and I told them what I'm telling you. Used to be all you heard was MBA this, Ensworth and BA that. For the past few years NCS is in that mix of teams you can consider if you're willing to pay for it. It ain't free. But it ain't recruiting. Getting a good education, a good safe environment and winning recruits for you. That's what Jeff Brother and School President Connie Jo Shelton have built out here. So there you have the formula. Take that to into the offseason with ya and build your program up, but that's how you do it.

Huntingdon was a tough out. They hit hard as advertised and that system they run is tough to defend. You really have to play disciplined assignment football to beat it. Kudos to that team on a great season. They have nothing to be ashamed of. I expect they'll be in the mix next year as well. It's a great program and one of the most unique places to play in all of 1A.

I think I can answer this. My son is the starting running back. He does work his tail off in the weight room. He eats like a hoss at home and he stays up til 1 or 2 in the morning most nights staying up on the excessive homework he gets. I always laugh at the recruiting talk because my son was 135 soaking wet freshman year and didn't play much freshman year. Since that time he has learned the game from his coaches and from the senior leaders who would take time to talk to the younger players. Coach John Crosby is a monster in that weight room. We came here because we were zoned for Hillwood which had burned through 4 or 5 coaches the previous 7 years. I'm a football junkie. I knew what Coach Brothers had done at JPII and that he coached Golden and Wesley Tate and sent plenty of people to college. My son wanted to play high school and college ball and this I saw was the best opportunity get get him there. The coaching he has gotten here has been outstanding, the team is winning and combined with the quality education he's getting is the biggest recruiter we have. Parents in the area are hearing about the quality of the school and the football program and if you have a kid and want them to play good high school football NCS is in the discussion despite being in 1A. My neighbor across the street is starting at tackle as a sophomore and will be one of those kids y'all say was recruited, but really it's about what you want for your kid. They asked me what I thought of NCS and I told them what I'm telling you. Used to be all you heard was MBA this, Ensworth and BA that. For the past few years NCS is in that mix of teams you can consider if you're willing to pay for it. It ain't free. But it ain't recruiting. Getting a good education, a good safe environment and winning recruits for you. That's what Jeff Brother and School President Connie Jo Shelton have built out here. So there you have the formula. Take that to into the offseason with ya and build your program up, but that's how you do it.

I was just wondering.how many students attend ncs on workstudy program that don't play sports?and what % of the football players are on workstudy? Edited by horse

This will be my only post on this topic as I could care less about whether a school is public or private but as I read your post one thing stood out to me, you talk about what NCS has to offer with a great program and education. My thing is schools like WC and I'll use Huntingdon, they are both good schools with great football programs but other than that they have nothing to offer and talent don't show up at the level yall got. We have to play with the kids that are born and raised here, we don't get families that just decide to come play and move here because there's nothing here for them outside the school like jobs for the parents.

+1. I also am a transplant. It has been mentioned many time on here. It's also been said that I didn't play for Huntingdon, so I don't understand the passion or hatred for another rival. I chose Huntingdon for my home. There are many reasons for that. One is the great schools another is the passion for athletics. My decision was confirmed years ago when I was having lunch with my son in the primary school when I turned around and was shocked to see the entire lunch room covered in little 1st graders wearing blue and gold. Every One Of Them!!!!! That didn't happen were I came from. That's where it starts. That is passion! That is Mustang Pride! I have a feeling that every Vols fan wasn't a player, but they still have that passion. Great season Mustangs, and thanks for making room for a outsider.

good post and very true.