Forrest vs Marion County

Southtowner

Qb said he about 95 % but sld be ready to play. He looked like he getting back where he was before he got hurt. Looked very quick today at practice. They looked like they are playing with some emotion haven't seen that in awhile

The last time I saw emotion from this team is when Walt was carried off the field. The line starting firing off and Bryce made some good plays. But if you get in the red zone 3 times in the 4th you gotta score.

Possessions as I've said are key. 5-6 minute drives for Forrest are key even if it results in punting.I think the key is who can get off the field on the most 3rd downs. Game with 20-24 points would favor Forrest.

Also a big key is special teams. How is the rocket special teams? Marion has been excellent in st this year. We have a kicker that will put the ball thru the endzone 95 percent of the time. Teams start at the twenty and more times than not dont get one or two first downs, setting marion up with great field position after the punt, usually around midfield. We have scored nearly once every game from kickoff returns, punt returns,punt blocks. In my opinion if forrest can prevent this from happening they will be in the game late. Forrest has a good line, and 8 and 17 are two special backs. The rockets have a couple of lineman that would start for us, no doubt. It isnt the mismatch that most think. We do have the advantage with speed and as long as forrest can sustain drives and not give up cheap points, they will be in it.

Edited by TheTruthPrevails

Guest AdamsvilleDad26

Special teams can be the difference in a close game we have blocked 11 combined punts and field goals and it helped us win two games. No doubt a very big part of the game

I appreciate that everyone missed me. I've been battling some medical issues for some time. I'll be dealin with this the rest of my days. I'm not terminal but I do go without engaging the outside world for days at a time. It's reality. One thing these Rockets have done for me is give me some joy I haven't experienced in years. I think these kids, regardless of who we cheer for, do that for all of us.

I don't have much new to say. I've been pretty clear on my thoughts. I'll be happy to take any questions if necessary.

One thing that is irksome. Marion fans with their fake respect for Forrest. Cut that BS out. You all think you are gonna boatrace us. Own that.

I do want to say here that Region 3 was very impressive in Round 1. I'm not gonna chase down all those threads, so hopefully those fans will see.

I was of course particularly impressed with Tyner's win. How on Earth did they lose by 5 TDs to Boyd. I stand by what I said. Watertown is an excellent team. so Tyner must be incredible. Sounds like #5 was under the weather. But congrats to Tyner and all of R3 on the big wins.

Edited by Amerigha