Forrest vs Marion County

Southtowner

Had been a long time before last year at getting back. The kids and town were hungry to get back. Our playoff record is something like 45-20's or something similar, not sure exactly, but we went about ten tears without winning a playoff game. During that time there were some questionable coaches walking the sidelines in jasper. Now things are finally on the right track. The past two coaches have been good ones although the last we had rather forget after dragging our program and our kids thru the mud. Coach ross has been the right hire for the boys at this time and they have responded well to him.

This game could very well be a low scoring game the way it sounds. Marion needs to start fast, but forrest needs to get a couple of stops early. Special teams are the key in this one as mc has gotten cheap points all year off of them or had very good field position from it. I really expect this game to be closer than a lot of people think. I will pick mc 31-17. Good luck to all the boys tonight and hopefully everyone will come out healthy.

This game could very well be a low scoring game the way it sounds. Marion needs to start fast, but forrest needs to get a couple of stops early. Special teams are the key in this one as mc has gotten cheap points all year off of them or had very good field position from it. I really expect this game to be closer than a lot of people think. I will pick mc 31-17. Good luck to all the boys tonight and hopefully everyone will come out healthy.

I agree it may be a closer than most think game and I think MC's main advantage is the special teams, and not just Henderson returning kicks.  I  think that field goal range and touchbacks are big edges to MC.  Having a kicker who can put it in the endzone everytime and the ability to kick 30+ yard FGs is a weapon in high school, particularly in 2A.

I agree it may be a closer than most think game and I think MC's main advantage is the special teams, and not just Henderson returning kicks. I think that field goal range and touchbacks are big edges to MC. Having a kicker who can put it in the endzone everytime and the ability to kick 30+ yard FGs is a weapon in high school, particularly in 2A.

I agree with that, plus the defense being able to get a stop after those kicks and getting the ball at the 50. I think the key for forrest is being able to get two or three first downs so as to flip the field position in this game. I would almost bet that either of these teams will play defense first so they can kick it off and play field position.

Edited by TheTruthPrevails

I agree it may be a closer than most think game and I think MC's main advantage is the special teams, and not just Henderson returning kicks. I think that field goal range and touchbacks are big edges to MC. Having a kicker who can put it in the endzone everytime and the ability to kick 30+ yard FGs is a weapon in high school, particularly in 2A.

You're correct. That kicker you guys have is deadly.