William Blount football 2016

Governm

It's not really strange. A lot of coaches decide to play backups in scrimmages/jamborees.It can be about getting the backups experience or to prevent key players from getting hurt. The freshman is the backup QB and didn't get much playing time at all last year. So it makes sense to me that they would want him to get plenty of experience now to make sure he is ready if he has to play in the fall. As far as the running back position goes, we got lots of depth there. I think there have been about 5 guys who have gotten carries in the scrimmages.

Edited by govfan18

It's not really strange. A lot of coaches decide to play backups in scrimmages/jamborees.It can be about getting the backups experience or to prevent key players from getting hurt. The freshman is the backup QB and didn't get much playing time at all last year. So it makes sense to me that they would want him to get plenty of experience now to make sure he is ready if he has to play in the fall. As far as the running back position goes, we got lots of depth there. I think there have been about 5 guys who have gotten carries in the scrimmages.

hope for a speedy recovery

I didn't say anything because I figured it wasn't my place to. Very sad situation.

So you made up a story about how Shad was just getting a younger guy experience just in case he was needed. Just say, "he didn't play, not sure why." Instead you defend it like Shad was just building depth.

I have not been here in quite some time, but many of you know me.  I am the dad of the QB at WB.  I figured there may be some talk here this morning about this situation and wanted to give some insight, so after spending and hour trying to remember my password, I finally remembered the right one. 

It is amazing how easy some freak things happen, but Thursday afternoon some horseplay went wrong and my son took a pretty nasty fall when his feet were kind of crossed and he fell directly backwards with no way to catch himself and the back of his head slammed down on the track. I wont try to explain the scene but to say the least it was not pretty, especially for a father.  He was transported to UT and all of the scans and tests came back clear.  He has a severe concussion.  Hopefully, in a few days the nausea and vomiting will stop and the headache will go away and  he will heal up 100%.

The RB was involved in this, so you can figure out from there why he was not involved in the scrimmage.

Please pray for both of these boys, one for healing and a full recovery, and the other for guidance. 

Thank you

I'm not on the T every day and just now read this.  I pray for a speedy recovery for your son!  I hope everything else works out for the long run.