Round 2 Houston Co @ Wayne Co

wildcat89

I think also is that we spread the ball around on the ground so evenly between our top 4 guys. For instance...

#4 Cole is our leading rusher and has only rushed 61 times.

#5 Rice has rushed 66 times

#7 Ray has rushed 45 times

#8 Davis has rushed 43 times

Thats about as even as you can get.

Another not is in the first game @ HC the Wildcats come out a lil flat and led 14-0 at the half. #4 caught 2 screen passes that game for 153 yards and also rushed for 100yds even on just 7 rushes so I hope he goes off like that again!! Also Rice will have a dry field this week so he should be his usual self.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone really writes off your guys run game I think its probably more of a situation where you have a Mr. Football candidate in Rice who can throw the ball around at will and the run game kind of takes a back seat to the more exciting aspect of your guys offensive strategy.

I will say this though, Wayne scored off of two BIG plays in the first half to go up by 14-0. One of which was on a 3 rd down inside their own ten yard line. I would have liked to seen HC's mindset and how they came out after halftime tied 0-0 with a team that was supposed to have a running clock in the third quarter.

It was obvious once Rice got back under center the 2nd qt the offense kind of found its pace again and not saying the first half knotted up at 0-0 would have changed anything as far as the outcome of the game or nothing but it would have made it just that more interesting to see. Posters on here were kind of shocked when reports showed HC only down by 14 at half.

Whatever the outcome this Friday I hope everyone leaves the field injury free. I hope that HC finds a way to compete for 4 qts and not just two this go round. Should make for a great second round playoff game if they can find a way to score some points of their own.

Regardless, whoever wins this game has definitely got their work cut out for them in attempting to advance. As, it looks like quarterfinals will be against Nashville Christian and Semi Finals Union City.

Edited by Pride31

I don't think anyone really writes off your guys run game I think its probably more of a situation where you have a Mr. Football candidate in Rice who can throw the ball around at will and the run game kind of takes a back seat to the more exciting aspect of your guys offensive strategy.

I will say this though, Wayne scored off of two BIG plays in the first half to go up by 14-0. One of which was on a 3 rd down inside their own ten yard line. I would have liked to seen HC's mindset and how they came out after halftime tied 0-0 with a team that was supposed to have a running clock in the third quarter.

It was obvious once Rice got back under center the 2nd qt the offense kind of found its pace again and not saying the first half knotted up at 0-0 would have changed anything as far as the outcome of the game or nothing but it would have made it just that more interesting to see. Posters on here were kind of shocked when reports showed HC only down by 14 at half.

Whatever the outcome this Friday I hope everyone leaves the field injury free. I hope that HC finds a way to compete for 4 qts and not just two this go round. Should make for a great second round playoff game if they can find a way to score some points of their own.

Regardless, whoever wins this game has definitely got their work cut out for them in attempting to advance. As, it looks like quarterfinals will be against Nashville Christian and Semi Finals Union City.

Countdown until the Huntingdon guys show up starts now....

They better not troll this thread. I'm gonna be upset if they do, this is a Wayne County vs Houston county thread. No outsiders allowed...!

I will second that. Just seems like there is more intelligent football talk and friendly competition when they are not involved. Things tend to get a little childish and irrational  comments are made when they start trolling through threads.

I will second that. Just seems like there is more intelligent football talk and friendly competition when they are not involved. Things tend to get a little childish and irrational comments are made when they start trolling through threads.

While I do agree with you on that, I was being sarcastic in my previous post. I liked your previous post btw... I think WC was slowed down with rice out on offense. But, I believe the strength of this WC team is their defense. I might be wrong but I think every team has been held to their loswest point total, when WCs varsity is on the field, against WC(excluding Scotts Hill). Edited by wildcatalumni

While I do agree with you on that, I was being sarcastic in my previous post. I liked your previous post btw... I think WC was slowed down with rice out on offense. But, I believe the strength of this WC team is their defense. I might be wrong but I think every team has been held to their loswest point total, when WCs varsity is on the field, against WC(excluding Scotts Hill).

I figured you weren't being for real but it was too punchy to not run with it. lol. If there is one thing I can say about this match up its this. HC is definitely going to have to be able to throw the ball somewhat effectively to make this the honest round 2 match up that anyone who is a high school football fan wants to see. Most of the time the underlying truth is all that really matters is winning and losing. However, IMO I feel like this game really has more to offer. Our first match up HC showed signs of competing if even for a quarter with Rice under center. Before that sounds arrogant let me say I know they scored their first two touchdowns with rice under center and that was the key factor in WC taking flight that game. However, as I said in one of my previous posts those two scores were on big plays where HC defense seemed non existent, one of which was the screen pass to cole on 3rd down that went for like 80 something yards. lol.

I feel like HC has a good opportunity in this game to show improvement between last outing and this one. By saying that I simply mean that HC has to find a way to productively throw the football even if its not for huge gains. They have to find a way to not be one dimensional otherwise Wayne is going to have multiple men in the box and tee off on us again for four quarters. Im excited about the opportunity to play you guys again. Im just hoping we do the things that need to be done to make it an interesting contest.

While I do agree with you on that, I was being sarcastic in my previous post. I liked your previous post btw... I think WC was slowed down with rice out on offense. But, I believe the strength of this WC team is their defense. I might be wrong but I think every team has been held to their loswest point total, when WCs varsity is on the field, against WC(excluding Scotts Hill).

True that man. Key word is our 1st team D has been LIGHTS out...no bragging but just saying those boys have played some crazy good defense. In the 2nd game and 1st game of the yr at home vs Scotts Hill we gave up 27pts... SH scored at least 20 all 11 games this season too. That QB over their had probably the best throwing the ball of any QB we have played or seen in many many years. He had over 2500 pass yds but anyways back on point. Our 1st team Def had played exactly 27 of 44 qtrs this yr. Playing into the 4th in just 3 games... SH, Huntingdon n last week. I agree our Def is the backbone of this yrs team. If you want to spend a hard earned $8 I'd suggest coming to watch our MLB duo of #42 Prater and #52 Floyd.... Those 2 are electric and are tough as nails!

Edited by WCHS_Wildcats_#2

I do want to say this to the HC Irish team and fans ..

Regardless of what happens look at how well represented our Region is! We have 9, 10 & 11 win teams left our of 4 teams.. I mean who gave yall a chance to go 8-2, make the 2nd rd and even be ranked in the AP Top 10 this yr?? If I'm not mistaken this is HC best season since the late 90's too! I have been a Huge fan of HC all yr and even took the time after our 1st game to meet a couple players... Eagle can attest to this. I kno 89 did the same... I have talked to a cpl of players and a parent from Erin all season and like i said I am a lifelong fan of that team and that SR class. Of course nobody wants their season to end and I'm no different but I do hope y'all play well and make it a good game.... Either way both teams have a TON to be proud of!!

Edited by WCHS_Wildcats_#2

Record wise this year has actually been the best season in HCs history dating back to the 1990 season. I had no idea it was that historic for y'all!

The Irish have made the playoffs in the following yrs.. Keep in mind I only have since 1990 records..

1992 (4-7)

1999 (9-3)

2000 (7-4)

2003 (6-6)

2011 (5-6)

2012 (7-4)

2015 (9-2)

They had onky advanced as far as the 2nd Round and that was in the '99, '03 & this season. So lets keep in mind how special this season truly is for this group of nearly 20 SRs in Erin, TN