Round 2 Houston Co @ Wayne Co

wildcat89

Thanks farmer! Where's all the HC folks at? As a matter of fact, where's all the WC folks at too?

No problem. I will always pull for the old region 6 against any other team in the state. Back when I played there was no tougher region in the state reguardless of class. Back in the good ole days when it was Moore County, Wayne County, Collinwood, Huntland, Cornersville, Columbia academy,Mt.Pleasant,Cascade, and Forrest. People don't realize that back in those days you had to win at least 7 to 8 region games just to make the playoffs.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem. I will always pull for the old region 6 against any other team in the state. Back when I played there was no tougher region in the state reguardless of class. Back in the good ole days when it was Moore County, Wayne County, Collinwood, Huntland, Cornersville, Columbia academy,Mt.Pleasant,Cascade, and Forrest. People don't realize that back in those days you had to win at least 7 to 8 region games just to make the playoffs.

Yes those where some very intense Regional games back then! Judging by the teams you named im going to guess you played some where between '93-'04? Most likely '97-'04?

:thumb:... man MC grew them back then... Giants.

:thumb:... man MC grew them back then... Giants.

Man you ain't lying. Big physical offensive line. With Steelman and Wells in the backfield they were hard to beat. We would give them a game at the end of camp but durring the regular season we wouldn't even come close. We didn't win many games while I was at Cornersville but I loved every minute of playing small town football. Nothing like it. My freshman year we played Wayne County at their place and they had something like 38 seniors that year. We didn't even have 38 on our whole roster. Edited by leadfarmer

I kicked and played fullback/tight end for Cornersville from 96 to 00

You played against my brother. He played '99-'02, C/OLB/DE

Man, you guys are talking my kind of football now. I remember watching those guys and thinking to myself. I can't wait to play high school football....

Wildcat #2, do you realize it's been 9 years this Friday since we played our last game.

Man, you guys are talking my kind of football now. I remember watching those guys and thinking to myself. I can't wait to play high school football....

Wildcat #2, do you realize it's been 9 years this Friday since we played our last game.

Been 27 for me!

Man that old region would beat each other to death. That was when smashmouth was at its finest. Haven't been to Wayne County since my junior year. I'm sure a lot has changed but back then the lighting was poor at their field. Combine that with all black uniforms and a worn down football + the veer and you didn't know who had the ball. You just had to try to tackle everybody to make sure you got the right one lol Edited by leadfarmer

Man that old region would beat each other to death. That was when smashmouth was at its finest. Haven't been to Wayne County since my junior year. I'm sure a lot has changed but back then the lighting was poor at their field. Combine that with all black uniforms and a worn down football + the veer and you didn't know who had the ball. You just had to try to tackle everybody to make sure you got the right one lol

The lighting is better, still running the veer, still all black uniforms but the rest ain't changed much! We still love our football!