Who would win this year? BA vs Maryville

ThatMan

I am the only poster on the d2 boards these days - I talk to myself unless I say something that hits a nerve. I'll refrain from commenting because I don't know enough about maryville this year to make a comparison . We will see if BA can pull it together this year . Been a long time since any of us have been to a championship game. BA has been in the championship game more than anyone in the history of tn football . Trophy case is littered with silver and gold-- I'll just be happy to make a trip over this year. This team is loaded so if they do not get it done this year I don't know when they will

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

I am the only poster on the d2 boards these days - I talk to myself unless I say something that hits a nerve. I'll refrain from commenting because I don't know enough about maryville this year to make a comparison . We will see if BA can pull it together this year . Been a long time since any of us have been to a championship game. BA has been in the championship game more than anyone in the history of tn football . Trophy case is littered with silver and gold-- I'll just be happy to make a trip over this year. This team is loaded so if they do not get it done this year I don't know when they will

Hope you win it all Big Dog !! Hope we can play sometime soon . Good Luck !

I believe it was 2 years ago when Ensworth and Maryville scrimmaged and Ensworth basically waxed the field with Maryville. Ensworth scored 3TD in 6 possessions while holding Maryville to 1 first down in 6 possessions. I know this was only a scrimmage 2 years ago, but it's the only thing we have to go by when comparing Maryville to a DIIAA school. This years BA team is LOADED and would beat Maryville by 21 plus points. The difference would be the athleticism on the offensive and defensive lines. Maryville doesn't play the competition BA plays each week. Here is a quote from Quarrels after that "humbling" experience against Ensworth 2 years ago:  "Sometimes you need a humbling experience to let it sink in really good. And this was humbling," said Quarles. "It was tough to stomach. I thought we would compete a little bit better than we did. We didn't. I told Coach (Ricky) Bowers, ‘I'm sorry we didn't offer a whole lot of competition for him.' But, like I said, I think we'll get better. It's early in the year."

I believe it was 2 years ago when Ensworth and Maryville scrimmaged and Ensworth basically waxed the field with Maryville. Ensworth scored 3TD in 6 possessions while holding Maryville to 1 first down in 6 possessions. I know this was only a scrimmage 2 years ago, but it's the only thing we have to go by when comparing Maryville to a DIIAA school. This years BA team is LOADED and would beat Maryville by 21 plus points. The difference would be the athleticism on the offensive and defensive lines. Maryville doesn't play the competition BA plays each week. Here is a quote from Quarrels after that "humbling" experience against Ensworth 2 years ago: "Sometimes you need a humbling experience to let it sink in really good. And this was humbling," said Quarles. "It was tough to stomach. I thought we would compete a little bit better than we did. We didn't. I told Coach (Ricky) Bowers, ‘I'm sorry we didn't offer a whole lot of competition for him.' But, like I said, I think we'll get better. It's early in the year."

The scrimmage with Ensworth this year Foose was a different story though. Maryville did the waxing.

The scrimmage with Ensworth this year Foose was a different story though. Maryville did the waxing.

Ensworth went 4-6 this year and BA went 9-1 in the regular season and BA beat Ensworth 49-7 this year. My point is, Maryville doesn't have the athletes on the offensive and defensive lines that the top Division IIAA teams have. Maryville has a very good team, but the difference is the offensive and defensive lines. BA's two starting tackles this year have committed to Ole Miss and Tennessee...

Edited by football98

Ensworth went 4-6 this year and BA went 9-1 in the regular season. My point is, Maryville doesn't have the athletes on the offensive and defensive lines that the top Division IIAA teams have. Maryville has a very good team, but the difference is the offensive and defensive lines. BA's two starting tackles this year have committed to Ole Miss and Tennessee...

Really? Your gonna use a scrimmage as a basis for your argument. But then again, I forget that Maryville is 0-Forever in the IFL

Ensworth went 4-6 this year and BA went 9-1 in the regular season and BA beat Ensworth 49-7 this year. My point is, Maryville doesn't have the athletes on the offensive and defensive lines that the top Division IIAA teams have. Maryville has a very good team, but the difference is the offensive and defensive lines. BA's two starting tackles this year have committed to Ole Miss and Tennessee...

Some people never learn.......

No doubt, murvil wouldn't be able to compete with that and games are decided in the trenches unless G is calling the plays. Some really good players have come out of Battleground Academy.