Golden Eagles at The Owls Nest!

MicasaMaster

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read a lot more than I post, but I wanted to throw some comments into the mix:

1. I'd like to say well done to both sides in the week leading up to the game not attacking the other team's off the field issues. No Owl supporter went after your DE upon suspension or reinstatement and I thought Rhea County fans were very classy / sensitive to our MLB situation.

2. My hats off to the kids on both sides for their effort. Injuries, suspensions, and a tough opponent could've broken either side. I've never seen high school kids play harder. I don't think either team executed as well as they could have, but they truly left everything on the field.

3. Last but not least, I admired the class shown by kids and coaches. This is a rivalry and it's no secret that neither side cares much for the other. But I never saw any disrespectful action on the field or in the papers. As a matter of fact, there were more kids helping each other up after hits than I've ever seen. As a father, that meant more to me than the outcome.

4. This isn't college. Disagree with decisions all we want; It's not right to call for people's teaching jobs over play calling. If they're helping make real men and winning a lot more than losing, no reason to come after their livelihood.