Golden Eagles at The Owls Nest!

MicasaMaster

I read a lot more than I post, but I wanted to throw some comments into the mix:

1. I'd like to say well done to both sides in the week leading up to the game not attacking the other team's off the field issues. No Owl supporter went after your DE upon suspension or reinstatement and I thought Rhea County fans were very classy / sensitive to our MLB situation.

2. My hats off to the kids on both sides for their effort. Injuries, suspensions, and a tough opponent could've broken either side. I've never seen high school kids play harder. I don't think either team executed as well as they could have, but they truly left everything on the field.

3. Last but not least, I admired the class shown by kids and coaches. This is a rivalry and it's no secret that neither side cares much for the other. But I never saw any disrespectful action on the field or in the papers. As a matter of fact, there were more kids helping each other up after hits than I've ever seen. As a father, that meant more to me than the outcome.

4. This isn't college. Disagree with decisions all we want; It's not right to call for people's teaching jobs over play calling. If they're helping make real men and winning a lot more than losing, no reason to come after their livelihood.

Great post, I agree, this has become a heated rivalry and these kids played their guts out but were all able to maintain their composure. Good job by both staffs with all the distractions and tension that built throughout the week.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read a lot more than I post, but I wanted to throw some comments into the mix:

1. I'd like to say well done to both sides in the week leading up to the game not attacking the other team's off the field issues. No Owl supporter went after your DE upon suspension or reinstatement and I thought Rhea County fans were very classy / sensitive to our MLB situation.

2. My hats off to the kids on both sides for their effort. Injuries, suspensions, and a tough opponent could've broken either side. I've never seen high school kids play harder. I don't think either team executed as well as they could have, but they truly left everything on the field.

3. Last but not least, I admired the class shown by kids and coaches. This is a rivalry and it's no secret that neither side cares much for the other. But I never saw any disrespectful action on the field or in the papers. As a matter of fact, there were more kids helping each other up after hits than I've ever seen. As a father, that meant more to me than the outcome.

4. This isn't college. Disagree with decisions all we want; It's not right to call for people's teaching jobs over play calling. If they're helping make real men and winning a lot more than losing, no reason to come after their livelihood.

LMAO!! COULDN'T AGREE WITH YOU MORE...UNFORTUNATELY PROGRAMS WITH GOLD BALLS DON'T THINK LIKE YOU..NO THIS IS NOT COLLEGE, AND IT IS NOT POP WARNER WHERE ERRBODY GET A TROPHY..THIS IS #BIGBOYFOOTBALL AND THESE YOUNG MEN PUT THEIR HEART AND SOUL INTO THIS PROGRAM ONLY TO BE DISAPPOINTED BECAUSE THE SAME PROBLEM WAS IGNORED AGAIN...WHAT STINGS IS THAT WE CONTINUED ON A PATH THAT ERRBODY KNEW WOULD LEAD US TO A BRICK WALL...BUT SOMEHOW WE THOUGHT OUR DEFENSE WOULD PULL IT OUT..ALL THIS ABOUT HELPING SOMEBODY UP OFF THE GROUND AND CLASS..SAVE THAT FOR YOUR POP WARNER SPEECH...RHEA HANDED OUR ARSE TO US AND EXPLOITED OUR WEAKNESS ON OFFENSE..WHICH WAS OBVIOUS..AND THAT IS WHY WE STRUGGLED OUR LAST HALF OF THE SEASON WHEN OTHER TEAMS WATCHED FILM AND SAID THIS IS A PIECE OF CAKE..HOLD OWLS UNDER 14 AND YOU WIN...AND AFTER PUNTING THE BALL WITH  3 MINS LEFT GIVING THE BALL BACK TO A GASED DEFENSE WHO JUST GAVE YOU ANOTHER TURNOVER ...THE OWLS STAFF HAD ALREADY THREW IN THE TOWEL..ASININE ...SCHOOLS THAT WANT TO WIN SEARCH FOR WINNERS..THAT'S WHY RHEA AND CLEVELAND BROUGHT IN PROVEN STATE CHAMPION COACHES....WITH THE ATHLETES ON THAT OWLS TEAM I'M SURE THOSE COACHES WOULD BE UNDEFEATED...NOT JUST THE TALK OF PA... LISTEN TO THE NEWS REPORTERS, AND ALL THE PEOPLE WHO WRITE ABOUT HS SPORTS.....MIND BLOWING...AND AS IN THE WORDS OF COACH HERM EDWARDS "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!!! HELLO!!!!"

Well said Rico,  this whole gold ball thing is ridiculous.