Catholic @ Greeneville

DevilMan03

Again, your opionion vs my facts. Here's my opinion, if he had come to UT and concentrated on WR, he might have been an even better receiver. If I'm not mistaken, UT's WR coach at that time was Kippy Brown who went on into the NFL to coach for several years.

Not to horn in to this discussion, but I don't think UT was the only SEC program to overlook the tremendous talent of Cobb. Sometimes schools miss, and sometimes, a kid just over achieves. That's why we have NFL players who played for very small / non impressive college programs. Personally I would have loved to see Cobb in orange. That kid was amazing. Wait, he is still amazing!

My take on the Game I was 1st disappointed that we didn't try and pass the ball more and try to get them to at least guessing a little, Dabbs has been the backbone all year -- it broke my heart to see him go down and on the side lines in pain , but if you ride it long enough it will break and it did, our defense could contain the run somewhat but the quick recievers for cath were just flat out awesome # 3 is a freak he can do about anything he wants but the gold shoes puts him on my bottom of there really good players--- # 4 RB and I think #38 were very impressive very well coached team and I though the ground game gave Greeneville more problems because of the way cath could open it up down the middle with the pass , hats off to # 68 for being the jerk of the game I can see why UT WANTS HIM ! no class ( by the way im not a tenn fan) when you pass on some of the talent that you (TENNESSEE) has in state you do your state and hometown a severe injustice I have watched many great kids from fulton , Maryville , Alcoa , Greeneville , that could have made a impact on the game in k-town , enough of that - all in all great game by Knox Cath my hats off to u guys hope we keep it on this side of the state all the best in going forward , good luck to Greeneville towards what next year might hold ...

hey greengreen22 did you hear I lol greenedavilarmy is a fair weather fan???

Not to horn in to this discussion, but I don't think UT was the only SEC program to overlook the tremendous talent of Cobb. Sometimes schools miss, and sometimes, a kid just over achieves. That's why we have NFL players who played for very small / non impressive college programs. Personally I would have loved to see Cobb in orange. That kid was amazing. Wait, he is still amazing!

I don't think UT necessarily overlooked Cobb. They did get in late, maybe because of his desire to play quarterback. There is no question he could have helped the Vols.

What other SEC offers did he have; refresh my memory? Particularly early on?

I'm no insider but if my memory serves me, Kentucky was the first and only early SEC offer and Tennessee may have been the only late offer. I don't remember any other SEC teams being involved with him. As you said, this happens sometimes. My original point was UT has missed on very few local players who could have actually helped them with Cobb being the ONE who does stand out. Harrison Smith was ND all along.

I'm no insider but if my memory serves me, Kentucky was the first and only early SEC offer and Tennessee may have been the only late offer. I don't remember any other SEC teams being involved with him. As you said, this happens sometimes. My original point was UT has missed on very few local players who could have actually helped them with Cobb being the ONE who does stand out. Harrison Smith was ND all along.

Yes.....That is kinda what I was getting at. If we all had a crystal ball, we would offer and sign a perfect roster. A LOT of people underestimated Cobb. But I pull for him every week in the NFL now even though I was not much of a fan of his when we were trying to stop him lol. Go Randall! You make all of East TN proud to see your success!

Yea .. I made comments about not bring impressed with#68 .. the first Fulton game he was slow and had numerous penalties and got handled by a lot by smaller guys .. that being said The ls st 2 games I have seen improvement .. realizing he is a soph I might have been a little harsh in my assessment . He has improved some .. but the issue of his immaturity should be addressed .. his waving to opposing fans has happened 2 weeks in a row so guess his coaches didnt address it .. his reputation will be enhanced a lot if he follows one of his team mates example ..#36 for KC is a class kid and football player .. if I had advice for #68 is to follow the kid example who is 1 year older than him

Heard today that the boy is almost 17 and should be a Junior.  His parents chose to have him repeat 8th grade so that he would have an advantage in football. 

Yes.....That is kinda what I was getting at. If we all had a crystal ball, we would offer and sign a perfect roster. A LOT of people underestimated Cobb. But I pull for him every week in the NFL now even though I was not much of a fan of his when we were trying to stop him lol. Go Randall! You make all of East TN proud to see your success!

I too pull for him every week. Now I hope Tenn can get in on Rogers, maybe even bring his father back in the fold.

I too pull for him every week. Now I hope Tenn can get in on Rogers, maybe even bring his father back in the fold.