2015 Arby's Classic

snhsraider

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oak Ridge returns all but one player. The team is led by Tee Higgins who has college basketball offers from Auburn and Tennessee. The point guard Gee runs the team with loads of experience. If he plays Daryl Middleton is a 6' 6' 255 ibs. force. the team beat Grace of Knoxville tonight 87 - 67 with all 12 players scoring. The team will only get better when the football players join up.

RWR!

• 3 weeks later...

After a one-year hiatus, it is exciting to see my alma mater (Mentor, OH) return to the Arby's Classic. The team did very well in 2010 (3rd), 2011 (2nd), and 2012 (2nd). 2013 was the first time Mentor lost two games at the Classic. 

In the past (especially 2010-2012), Mentor was a top ten team in Ohio. The 2012-13 team won the Ohio state championship. Mentor will play David Crockett first and then the winner/loser of an all-TN matchup between Dobyns-Bennett and Oak Ridge.

Mentor is not at the same level as their 2010-12 teams. Closer to the 2013 group that went 1-2 and was eliminated early. But depending on the draw and how Mentor's shots fall (they are still pretty dependent on the three-ball), Mentor might be able to make some noise.

Yea if Crockett can get past Mentor it will set up a huge showdown and a match up we could see down the road at substate. I was sad to hear that 6'10 Potter kid transferred from Mentor who's signed to Ohio State but it's good For Crockett. MentorFan Crockett has a guard Patrick Good who is a baller maybe the best player in East Tennessee. I'm ready for the dunk contest because my money is on Tee Higgins he's gonna put on a show!!!!!