MEMPHIS EAST vs pearl cohn

nmpballer

I think we are changing that basketball city rep... Too many big time College football prospects have been coming out of the city for us not to get the proper credit. I mean we (Whitehaven) have sent people everywhere from Notre Dame (Donte Vaughn recently committed), Alabama (Josh McMillon present, the GREAT Curtis Alexander back in the day) and the U (Terris Harris)... Memphis East's head coach (an East Alumnus) went to the U. Not to mention the numerous UT (Dan Williams) and Miss State (Brandon Wright in my day, Will Redmond now) folks that they have had. PC has had some great ones too (Big John Henderson, Santonio Beard ROLL TIDE!). I loved K. Vaughn's game. He reminded me of Eugene Couzart (Whitehaven folks know who I'm talking about. He signed with Arkansas out of da Haven but never got there due to grades SMH). And I agree, PC folks are WAY more fun than RW. We coming from a similar perspective. I WISH I was a REAL East Fan, I would have WAY more "harsh" Trash Talk for these folks but my Heart is with Da Haven but it's cool to have this competitive banter :popcorneater:

its more than that cassius Vaughn ole miss/Baltimore raven east high Brandon ivory Alabama won national championship east high laterius Brady Memphis east high Herbert Moore ole miss east high Christian Morris ole miss east high Bryan kimbrough Vanderbilt he's getting his degree transferring this year east high Dan Williams first round draft pick with raiders it's a lot of other kids out of Memphis in school not just a basketball city

FB if ur boys were playing CPA again, how would u attack them on offense and slow them down on defense???

Dhstennis u have to put pressure on that QB cause they have a WR I think #9 kid can play. On offense run the ball don't beat yourself with turnovers. Special teams would be key also. CPA is a really good team take a perfect game to walk out of their with a win. But good luck to both teams.

Dhstennis u have to put pressure on that QB cause they have a WR I think #9 kid can play. On offense run the ball don't beat yourself with turnovers. Special teams would be key also. CPA is a really good team take a perfect game to walk out of their with a win. But good luck to both teams.

Thank u firebird, same to you

its more than that cassius Vaughn ole miss/Baltimore raven east high Brandon ivory Alabama won national championship (ROLL TIDE, He was a STEAL in recruiting) east high laterius Brady Memphis east high Herbert Moore ole miss east high Christian Morris ole miss east high Bryan kimbrough Vanderbilt he's getting his degree transferring this year east high Dan Williams first round draft pick with raiders it's a lot of other kids out of Memphis in school not just a basketball city

I appreciate that... I didn't have that many Memphis East names but I know there have been quite a few Studs to come out of their despite the LACK of Wayne Randle's efforts on the recruiting side of things (at least it was like that back in my day, early 2000s). 

That's interesting, Kimbrough is still a student at Vandy? I sure was wondering where he was.  How many years of eligibility will he have after he gets that Vandy degree? Do you have any idea where he's thinking of transferring? Is he coming home to U of M or maybe going down a level to the SWAC or MEAC, etc?

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

I appreciate that... I didn't have that many Memphis East names but I know there have been quite a few Studs to come out of their despite the LACK of Wayne Randle's efforts on the recruiting side of things (at least it was like that back in my day, early 2000s).

That's interesting, Kimbrough is still a student at Vandy? I sure was wondering where he was. How many years of eligibility will he have after he gets that Vandy degree? Do you have any idea where he's thinking of transferring? Is he coming home to U of M or maybe going down a level to the SWAC or MEAC, etc?

he will only have one year left.I don't know were he's talking bout going.

Kyle Dickerson Arthur sallis was a beast to he was the full back in 1999 and 2000

Yeah, Dickerson. I remember the commentators on the Friday Game week broadcast use to talk about how his last name was shared by one of the Greats (Eric Dickerson). That mayne was so fast and yall had B. Wright too. That Wing-T had some Serious Speed in it. The Sallis dude wore #45 didn't it? He was a load. 

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

Yeah, Dickerson. I remember the commentators on the Friday Game week broadcast use to talk about how his last name was shared by one of the Greats (Eric Dickerson). That mayne was so fast and yall had B. Wright too. That Wing-T had some Serious Speed in it. The Sallis dude wore #45 didn't it? He was a load.

yes he wore 45

I think we are changing that basketball city rep... Too many big time College football prospects have been coming out of the city for us not to get the proper credit. I mean we (Whitehaven) have sent people everywhere from Notre Dame (Donte Vaughn recently committed), Alabama (Josh McMillon present, the GREAT Curtis Alexander back in the day) and the U (Terris Harris)... Memphis East's head coach (an East Alumnus) went to the U. Not to mention the numerous UT (Dan Williams) and Miss State (Brandon Wright in my day, Will Redmond now) folks that they have had. PC has had some great ones too (Big John Henderson, Santonio Beard ROLL TIDE!). I loved K. Vaughn's game. He reminded me of Eugene Couzart (Whitehaven folks know who I'm talking about. He signed with Arkansas out of da Haven but never got there due to grades SMH). And I agree, PC folks are WAY more fun than RW. We coming from a similar perspective. I WISH I was a REAL East Fan, I would have WAY more "harsh" Trash Talk for these folks but my Heart is with Da Haven but it's cool to have this competitive banter   :popcorneater:  

don't forget Cedric Wilson, Melrose HS...national champion at UT, Super Bowl Champ with Pittsburgh.