Marion Co @ Hampton (Ross Man vs That Lunsford Man)

Roy Dillard

I'm feeling that the game will not be decided between Hampton's offense v MC's defense or by special teams.  I think that the game will come down to a contest between MC's offense and Hampton's defense.  MC has made mistakes on offense that have cost them in every game. They have scored a lot but that is really due in large part to the defense. At times MC leaves points on the field like a drunk leaves his paycheck at the bar.

Hampton's defense is questionable at times and in certain areas.  Their secondary makes mistakes.  There is very little Hampton can do to drastically change their defense and it is what it is. The wild card will be MC's ability to execute offensively with minimal mistakes.  If MC has a game where they throw it on the ground or have a couple drive killing penalties it will be over for them. If they play reasonably clean then they win.

I'd say it comes down to who makes the least mistakes on both sides of the ball.

I wish all these awards and acknowledgements would come out much later.

It will NOT affect these boys but gives too much room for juicy trash talk if a game doesn't go well after such announcements...Also adds more fire to the opposing team. It is what it is