Father Ryan ducks Christian Brothers duel!

cowboypete

I continue to be amazed by the ignorance of some of the people who hide behind pseudonyms to post on this forum what they claim to be facts, yet are clueless as to what a fact is.

Fact: Father Ryan had every intention to wrestle CBHS in Memphis on Sunday at 2 pm

Fact: Reservations were made and confirmed at Hampton Inn Memphis-Poplar for Saturday night after wrestling Arlington.

Fact: CBHS canceled the Sunday match, for reasons unknown to me.

Fact: FRHS had to scramble to cancel hotel for team and parents on Thanksgiving night and Friday so as to avoid cancellation fees.

All on this board are entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.  Keep it real people.

• Upvote 3

From what I have heard, FR was bringing their starters and 4 or 5 backups.  FR wrestled Arlington Saturday night and could not bring all of the back-ups and pay for hotel rooms.  Coach Lewis texted Coach Simpson Thanksgiving afternoon and was told this and got upset.  He said he was going to have to forfeit a few weight classes and did not have his football players yet.  Coach Lewis told Coach Simpson he and the AD talked and decided to cancel the match.  ON A THURSDAY NIGHT of Thanksgiving!!!!  Really.  I heard some other things that I will not get into on this forum; however, to cancel a match on Thanksgiving evening is beyond the pale.

P.S.  I am sure FR is spending a lot of money to take their team to the ridiculous Individual Regionals.  Such a waste in DII with such a small number of teams.  I would imagine that BA is in the same boat with the expense for this as well.  Word on the street is that there will be a Regional Dual Tournament to see who will go to the State.  Another wasted weekend and expense.

Edited by facenthecrowd
  • Upvote 1

From what I've heard is that father Ryan decided to only bring varsity guys instead of the entire team which was the agreement and so CBHS cancelled it after they spent 2 years and tons of money going to Nashville... So seems like father Ryan was the one that didn't hold their end of the bargin so I don't blame CBHS

As with most disagreements, there are always two sides. The truth usually is found somewhere in the middle. Whatever the circumstances of this match, both teams involved should have communicated whatever their differences were well in advance of when they did. These are two fine and traditional wrestling programs and should find a way to get together each and every year.

Good luck to both teams this season.

• Upvote 1

As with most disagreements, there are always two sides. The truth usually is found somewhere in the middle. Whatever the circumstances of this match, both teams involved should have communicated whatever their differences were well in advance of when they did. These are two fine and traditional wrestling programs and should find a way to get together each and every year.

Good luck to both teams this season.

3 sides to every story. I wasn't there, the only thing I am sure of is Simpson didn't cancel because he was worried about losing to another team. Person starting this BS thread seems to have his own ax to grind. No doubt a Simpson wrestler spanked him or some family member.

Rule #1:  You eliminate all of these problems by having a contract the spells out everything & has a cancelation policy of $2500.00 plus any expenses incurred.  This would eliminate most all problems.

Rule #2:  You don't cancel a Varsity dual match over some type of Junior Varsity disagreement.  You wrestle the varsity match and then make it very clear what the rules are if any future matches are to take place. 

Rule #3:  If this whole thing went down the way that everyone is saying on this message board and I were the principal/president/headmaster of the school that canceled and the head coach received the approval of the athletic director there would have been a very one sided meeting on the Monday after Thanksgiving with the athletic director and head coach.  This type of behavior would only ever happen one time in my business or all parties involved would be given an permanent  holiday vacation without pay. This is the type of behavior that gives wrestling a bad reputation.   Would you ever see a football game canceled over some petty JV game disagreement?

Edited by cbg

Such a shame. I think frhs would have had a good chance this year. Although they are probably not at the weights they wanted to be to make it a competitive match.

I know, that purple holy water must not be what it used to be anymore. Seems like the Simpson and the football coach Lussiur are drinking the same stuff. I'm sure with in a year or two the wrestling program will be on par with Father Ryan's football program. Because both seem to have the same qualities.....scared of competition.

Father Ryan was supposed to wrestle Christian Brothers this Sunday but then backs out at the last second. I'm wondering if the Father Ryan faithful aren't as really good as they want people to think this year and are afraid of a tough early season match up against the Brothers. I think this is an early indicator that Wilson central, Baylor, and the Brothers are going to 'upset' the Irish this year.

Father Ryan 54

Wilson Central 21

I know, that purple holy water must not be what it used to be anymore. Seems like the Simpson and the football coach Lussiur are drinking the same stuff. I'm sure with in a year or two the wrestling program will be on par with Father Ryan's football program. Because both seem to have the same qualities.....scared of competition.

vs Wilson Central

at Moeller Duals

at Cleveland

at Cleveland Duals

Bradley Invitational

Thompson Quad in Alabama

Archer Invitational

Father Ryan Invitational

at MBA/Baylor/McCallie