Trezevant vs. Marion THE BATTLE FOR 2A SUPREMACY

Nobody said they did.

Let's do this slowly so some of you can keep up.

Signal Mt (4A team) won a 2A title with a population of students that should have had them in 3A at the time. How did they manage that? When the school opened it had only 2 grades and that's the population they turned in to the Tssaa. As those kids moved up and they added new freshman classes they "accidentally" forgot to report the population change to the tssaa. It was all very innocent I'm sure.

Not at all like Transvest who has 2a numbers.

We understand your point you feel like the TSSAA gave them a title. Signal Mountain has never had 4a population numbers. Yes they had 3a but chose to play up to stay away from the 3a beast of Alcoa. So why do you keep saying 4a population or best 4a team to win the 2a state championship? The only time they have been or would have been 4a is when the DECIDEDto play up.

Either way I think this will be a closer game than folks think. These kids for Marion are a year smarter in the Ross system, and they aren't so one dimensional meaning they don't rely on just one guy to do everything. This is probably the most complete Warrior team I have seen since the 90's. I'm not saying better, but most complete since. And they are pretty young. Good luck. "IF" Trezevant relies solely on their athleticism to win this game they will lose. They better open the playbook if things don't go their way early on. It's the big game, don't be afraid to try those plays you been saving all year. Right now I'm picking Marion by 3. That may change by end of the week.

How about you do it for 5 to 6 years and then maybe you can call yourself "THE BOOGEY MAN" of 2A. Trust me, every team in 2A knew who the REAL boogey man was when Alcoa was still in this classification. Go ask Goodpasture when they were a powerhouse, or go ask Milan when they faced them. You have been to the big dance but you haven't brought the gold home. Trezevant is the more overall talented, but I look for Marion County to show some grit and make you earn it.

Either way I think this will be a closer game than folks think. These kids for Marion are a year smarter in the Ross system, and they aren't so one dimensional meaning they don't rely on just one guy to do everything. This is probably the most complete Warrior team I have seen since the 90's. I'm not saying better, but most complete since. And they are pretty young. Good luck. "IF" Trezevant relies solely on their athleticism to win this game they will lose. They better open the playbook if things don't go their way early on. It's the big game, don't be afraid to try those plays you been saving all year. Right now I'm picking Marion by 3. That may change by end of the week.