1A State Championship-Greenback and NCS!

orngnblk

Great program. I know my son is excited. Has been playing since he was 5. Loves the sport. This is our sophomore year. This goes a long way from a maturity standpoint.

My middle son was on our 2011 championship team, it's a day that none of these boys will ever forget, win or lose. Losing stings for awhile but years down the road they'll realize what a great opportunity they got in life that not many ever get to experience.

Be careful what you say on here - you will be accused of arrogance (even when you're not from NCS).

That don't bother me, going to call it like I see it and I just don't see GB winning this thing. No doubt they got a good team and seem to play tough, hard nosed ball which is what I like to see, but NCS is just solid all over the field on both sides of the ball. I wish I could make it up Friday but just can't take off work.

My middle son was on our 2011 championship team, it's a day that none of these boys will ever forget, win or lose. Losing stings for awhile but years down the road they'll realize what a great opportunity they got in life that not many ever get to experience.

For all these seniors playing their last game....MAN what a dream! Like you said , win or lose, how many guys can say that their last game was a state championship game?

My buddies and I noticed one issue that ncs had week 10 but this issue was not on the players. When ncs was on defense they blitzed too much in the first half of our game and took themselves right out of the play. Sure we still didn't score the first half but we did put drives together and get first downs which kept their offense on the sideline. Sustaining long drives is the only way I see to keep the game close with them. Their offense is lethal. They have great players on defense and if they sit back and play the ball you won't get yards on them anyway. The blitzing opened the holes for us. Second half they set back for the play to develop which caused a lot of 3 and outs. That is how they scored so many times on us so quick. That and feeding McGraw and bituli. Watch the footage and you will see what I mean if there is any. I haven't watched film, just know what I seen from the fence

Edited by Creekbankbuttspank

There are 345 TSSAA football teams. If each one has 10 seniors average, 3450 seniors playing football and maybe around 160 on 16 teams play for a title? Of course most of those have zero chance of playing for a title. If you live in Pickett Co.......That's tough!! You GB folks are a big city with far more resources compared to that. This is the dream every boy had when he first knew about football.