FORREST ROCKETS 2016

GeneralForrest

Days of winning the region are over? You mean like the one they just won for the first time in three decades? You are truly a moron. If you look at the history of high school football and even the present state of high school football, plenty of teams have and still do win state titles running the Wing-T and run-based offenses. To say otherwise is simply asinine.

Yes, Forrest will not win another region title.

As someone that has lived in Chapel Hill most of my life, it's hard to keep a coach here that isn't invested in the community on a personal level such as a native or having family here. First of all, the pay for coaches in the county is a joke (unless you're getting a lot under the table as the Marahall coaches have gotten over the years). Secondly, in Chapel Hill you have to deal with the Lions Club mafia which basically runs the sports programs and determines how much money they get. Heck, you've got a dozen teams sharing a Lions Club owned facility and lord knows the Lewisburg faithful central office isn't going to help the situation. They proved that with the cutting of much needed space in the new auxillery gym. Heck, we couldn't even keep Coleman who is a homegrown boy. And he made a lateral move to boot!!!!! You can't blame someone like Coach K for looking elsewhere to better his family and situation. Sounds like to me we need some Chapel Hill blood in the central office so that we can sweeten the pot and encourage our guys to stay put. Don't even get me started with Cornersville. That poor school and it's athletics can't get anything!!!! Maybe K and Randolph need to hire Osteen's agent.

And you don't think that the Lions Club and Touchdown Association are sweetening the pot for the Forrest boys? LOL

The Lions Club mafia as you call them, does not run the sports programs or controls the money! Each sport has their club that does that. All sports teams can work the tractor pull to make money if they choose to. Just like baseball and football parking cars. I remember when we didn't have squat. That tractor pull brought in money to help the school and make improvements to the facilities. The whole community pitches in and helps. When a program needs help they do what they can. Just like a few yrs ago when football had to refurbish all the helmets and the lions club doubled the amount of money from parking cars. Or building a field house (which we have outgrown) when the county chipped in a few pennies on the dollar for the cost. Also the baseball field lights that they put in. Even Helping with the upkeep of the fields! I'm grateful for how they have helped out north of the river because I was there when we didn't have squat. Won't disagree with the rest of your post. And I don't feel sorry for Cornersville at all. Their school board members voted against us getting that extra space in the new gym.