FORREST ROCKETS 2016

GeneralForrest

People are soooo silly and ignorant when it comes to Offense. The same thing happened to me when I was Offensive coordinator at Franklin county, we averaged more points in my 4 years than any in the last 32 years but people wanted to do what they see on t.v. smh!It doesn't matter how you get the yards and points just get em! Coaches do what their kids allow them to do, and I know forrest parents think they have athletes but not to run gun wing!lol Coach Johns offense is perfect for that community.

I didn't know you use to coach at Franklin County. Where are you now?

Ok, changing the subject here. Kriesky is going to leave soon, he may stay here for another year or two, but with him applying to GC, Centennial, and Ravenwood, it is apparent that he is looking for greener pastures. Who is his replacement when he leaves? IMO it would ideal for Kriesky to leave now and hire Carson (the former eagleville HC). I think he would be an ideal fit to bring Forrest out of the stone age offensively. I understand that Forrest has set rushing records and had success, but it literally is the most boring thing to watch and becomes completely ineffective when trailing. Wing T is a great offense when it is used dynamically (Gus malzahn type of wing t), but they way Forrest uses it now is extremely basic and very limited when throwing the ball.

Thanks for showing your ignorance. Nothing is as old school and boring as Carson's ground and pound Pro-I offense.

Let's look at the last time he did that- 2013.

They beat Forrest 10-3 and won the District. Their D was very good that year. They then got a bye and beat Loretto in the first round at home if i'm not mistaken- not exactly a world beater- and got to host Adamsville, who skunk-dom'ed them. Even Forrest scored 7 on Adamsville the week prior. This Carson nonsense is asinine and I said so a month ago. I'll take the Wing T in high school 101 times out of 100. Esp the way Forrest ran it this year, with multiple kids at tailback getting carries. They were unstoppable even against Page minus the dropsies. Only Marion, a truly elite program, was able to hold them down some, and that game was 17-10 in the 3rd while Eagleville was being mercy ruled in the 1st Q at Boyd. BTW, Guess what offense Marion runs. I'll hang up and listen.

Edited by Amerigha

Wing T is not gonna bring a title home, bottom line. How many state champs this year run wing t? Why not? Because the archaic mindset of "pound the rock" works great with setting school records, winning district titles, etc. But when matched up against too tier playoff teams it simply doesn't work.......if a team is down by 14+ points (at any point in the game) and they run wing t, the chance of that team coming back and winning is slim. It's fine and dandy if you wanna hang your hat on school rushing records (that get broken every 3-5 years anyways), but my opinion is regarding the endgame and bringing a title home.

I can name many schools who win with a run only offense. You're splitting hairs making about Wing T only. Trezevant threw about 3 passes in their win. Marion County passes very little. Top 2 2A teams. Some passing is fine and needed but you seem to be saying only an Oregon spread works, which is 99 and 44/100 percent poo.

Yeah scrap everything, because it's not gonna bring a title home. Fire everybody, change school colors, change the mascot, change the school name, etc, etc, etc. Forrest is never going to win a state championship in football. Oh and the days of winning the region are over unfortunately. What to hang our hats on now?!?!?

Yeah scrap everything, because it's not gonna bring a title home. Fire everybody, change school colors, change the mascot, change the school name, etc, etc, etc. Forrest is never going to win a state championship in football. Oh and the days of winning the region are over unfortunately. What to hang our hats on now?!?!?

Days of winning the region are over? You mean like the one they just won for the first time in three decades? You are truly a moron. If you look at the history of high school football and even the present state of high school football, plenty of teams have and still do win state titles running the Wing-T and run-based offenses. To say otherwise is simply asinine.

Days of winning the region are over? You mean like the one they just won for the first time in three decades? You are truly a moron. If you look at the history of high school football and even the present state of high school football, plenty of teams have and still do win state titles running the Wing-T and run-based offenses. To say otherwise is simply asinine.

Fellas this argument is pointless. In reality there are only a handful of teams in 2A and 1a that have a chance to win the championship. Those are the teams that have the superior athletes. It is not the system. If you have superior athletes then you will win the majority of the time. Forrest does not have superior athletes therefore ball control and shortening the game gives them the best chance of winning. You constantly refer back to the Page game and "even Page couldn't stop our offense" etc. page does not have very good athletes. In fact they have very average athletes and not many of them and they are undersized up front which is key to stopping the run. Tresevant or whatever their name was and Marion had much better athletes than Page and Forrest put together so the use them as your measuring stick is silly. I believe that your coaching staff is running the best system that they feel is the best to fit your athletes. Here at Spring Hill we have athletes so in my opinion the spread is the better fit, but we try to pound the ball. I think we would be more successful getting the ball to our athletes in space and letting them use their athletic ability. So the argument of what is the best offense really depends on the caliber of athletes.